PA Banking Department Announces Quarterly Report on Enforcement Actions
HARRISBURG, Pa., Oct. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Banking's Bureau of Compliance and Licensing took 229 enforcement actions during the third quarter of 2011.
The department issued 52 orders against companies for statutory violations resulting in fines of $177,450. Among the 52 orders:
- Nine companies were engaged in unlicensed mortgage loan origination activity;
- Two companies were engaged in unlicensed mortgage loan modification activity;
- Twenty-seven companies were engaged in other unauthorized mortgage loan activity;
- Twelve companies were engaged in various other unauthorized non-mortgage related activity; and
- The department prohibited two individuals from engaging in the mortgage business in Pennsylvania.
In addition, the department suspended 178 mortgage originator licenses.
A comprehensive list of enforcement actions taken by the Department of Banking against nondepository institutions and individuals is available online at www.banking.state.pa.us.
Consumers can file a complaint against any company regulated or licensed by the Department of Banking online or by calling 1-800-PA-BANKS.
Media contact: Ed Novak , 717-783-4721
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Banking
More by this Source
Pennsylvania Governor Corbett Proclaims April as 'Financial Education Month'
Apr 05, 2013, 10:20 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.