PA Insurance Department Revokes Eight Licenses in Second Quarter Enforcement Actions
HARRISBURG, Pa., July 30, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Insurance Department revoked eight licenses from individuals in the second quarter of 2013 for violating Pennsylvania laws or regulations.
In total, 37 enforcement actions and market conduct examinations were closed and 3,654 written consumer complaints and inquiries were processed.
The department also collected more than $343,000 in penalties and fines, as well as more than $73,000 in restitution.
Insurance agents and companies must comply with state laws. If an investigation determines the law is broken, the department can impose fines, suspend or revoke a license and require a remediation.
The reasons for the actions were the result of companies and/or individuals:
- Improperly charging insurance premiums;
- Failing to process and pay major medical claims in a timely fashion;
- Failing to disclose prior felony or misdemeanor convictions;
- Falsifying insurance applications;
- Failing to provide required sales and replacement disclosures when selling life insurance and annuity products; and
- Misappropriating insurance premiums.
A comprehensive list, including detailed summaries, of the enforcement actions taken by the department is available online in the consumer protection section at www.insurance.pa.gov.
Media contact: Melissa Fox, 717-787-3289
- Allegheny County – Ian Fearon, Monroeville
- Delaware County – Christopher M. Fazzini, Wayne
- Lehigh County – Mitchell Kurlander, Allentown
- Montgomery County – Barry Abrams, Rydal
- Montgomery County – Michael Doyle, Oreland
- Montgomery County – David Celal Yenen, East Greenville
- Philadelphia County – Kathleen Barchman, Philadelphia
- Westmoreland County – Colleen O. Zufall, Scottdale
Individuals and agencies under orders of supervision:
- Allegheny County – Gary T. DeFalco, Jr., Pittsburgh
- Berks County – Vincent J. Smith, Reading
- Blair County – David Lewis Port, Altoona
- Bucks County – William H. DeVane, III, Riegelsville
- Carbon County – Mysty Reyna, Palmerton
- Chester County, Edward B. Leo, Glenmore
- Chester County – Daniel Truly, West Chester
- Lancaster County – Jessica A. Boyer, Marietta
- Lancaster County – Michael J. Hawn, Mountville
- Montgomery County – Cornerstone Insurance and Financial Services, Inc., Elkins Park
- Montgomery County – Anita Manning, Norristown
- Montgomery County – James William Monahan, Plymouth Meeting
- Montgomery County – Marshall Perlman, Bala Cynwyd
- Montgomery County – Professional Casualty Associates, King of Prussia
- Montgomery County – Mark Reeves, Norristown
- Montgomery County – Kevin Leandro Webster, Hatboro
- Montgomery County – John Y. Yoo, Colmar
- Northampton County – George W. Vergara, Mount Bethel
- Northumberland County – Christopher McCormick, Northumberland
- Philadelphia County – Ronald Bouchard, Philadelphia
- Philadelphia County – Soutchay Chareunsack, Philadelphia
- Philadelphia County – Samuel Darius, Philadelphia
- Philadelphia County – Hasign J. Graham, Philadelphia
- Philadelphia County – Albert N. Ingram, III, Philadelphia
- Philadelphia County – Shemstchass A. Lagbara, Philadelphia
- Philadelphia County – Chase D. Lewis, Philadelphia
- Philadelphia County – Joseph Washington Walthour, Philadelphia
- Philadelphia County – George C. Williams, Philadelphia
- Pike County – Robert Daniel Morton, Milford
- York County – Bonnie Lou Gladfelter, York
SOURCE Pennsylvania Insurance Department
More by this Source
PA Insurance Department Offers Simple Tips to Prevent Home Fires
Nov 05, 2013, 13:20 ET
PA Protects Consumers by Reaching Settlement with New York Life
Oct 25, 2013, 15:15 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.