PA Insurance Department Revokes Nine Licenses in First Quarter Enforcement Actions
HARRISBURG, Pa., May 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Insurance Department revoked nine licenses from individuals in the first quarter of 2013 for violating Pennsylvania laws or regulations.
In total, 37 enforcement actions and market conduct examinations were closed and 3,578 written consumer complaints and inquiries were processed.
The department also collected more than $1 million in penalties and fines, as well as more than $300,000 in restitution.
Insurance agents and companies must comply with state laws. If an investigation determines the law is broken, the department can impose fines, suspend or revoke a license and require a remediation.
The reasons for the actions were the result of companies and/or individuals:
- Committing prior felony convictions, which render an indefinite supervision of the insurance license;
- Overcharging insurance premiums;
- Failing to disclose prior misdemeanor convictions;
- Failing to report actions taken by other state insurance departments; and
- Misappropriating insurance premiums.
A comprehensive list, including detailed summaries, of the enforcement actions taken by the department is available online in the consumer protection section at www.insurance.pa.gov.
- License Revocations:
- Allegheny County - Cora Elizabeth Better, Pittsburgh
- Berks County - Samantha A. Kochel, Wernersville
- Bucks County - Carl S. Weiser, Southampton
- Dauphin County - Seth M. Pope, Harrisburg
- Lancaster County - David M. Smith, Lancaster
- Montgomery County - Richard Piccinini, Jr., Collegeville
- Philadelphia County - Jesse James Nepywoda, Philadelphia
- Clearwater, FL - Julio Cesar Fonsecs
- Hollywood, FL - Iso Gerard Finzi
Individuals and agencies under orders of supervision:
- Allegheny County - Ann C. Truschel, Pittsburgh
- Allegheny County - Jeffrey R. Portis, Pittsburgh
- Bucks County - Stephen C. Hurvitz, Langhorne
- Chester County - Sean David Scott, Berwyn
- Dauphin County - Kevin Michael Basciano, Harrisburg
- Dauphin County - William M. Tillett, Harrisburg
- Delaware County - Matthew E. Shaw, Media
- Lancaster County - Consumers Insurance Group. Inc., Lancaster
- Lancaster County - Francis V. Schwenk, Lancaster
- Lancaster County - Laura M. Schwenk, Elizabethtown
- Lancaster County - Larry E. Snyder, Elizabethtown
- Lehigh County - Ryan D. Kramp, Schnecksville
- Montgomery County - Joan Marie Byrne, Ardmore
- Montgomery County - David L. Mayfield, Wyncote
- Philadelphia County - Homa Marlo Brady, Philadelphia
- Philadelphia County - Anthony D. Hines, Philadelphia
- Susquehanna County - Tatiana Corbo, Forest City
- York County - Thomas E. Goebeler, New Freedom
- Atlanta, GA - Sean Deandre Dade
- Kirkland, WA - Jason M. Stephenson
- Millsboro, DE - Brett M. Toomey
- Trenton, NJ - Michael C. Sanders
Media contact: Melissa Fox, 717-787-3289
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Insurance
More by this Source
New Ad Campaign Launches to Promote Access to Health Insurance for Pennsylvania's Children
Mar 03, 2014, 14:00 ET
Insurance Department Receives Transactional Filing on Behalf of Highmark
Feb 18, 2014, 14:09 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.