NEW YORK, April 22, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Peruvian-American Bondholders for Justice (PABJ) demands answers from Peruvian President Ollanta Humala regarding Peru's default on agrarian reform bonds while he attends a special session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, NY.
The call for answers comes as prosecutors in Peru have obtained indisputable evidence that the Constitutional Tribunal's July 2013 decision relating to the agrarian reform bonds was illegally forged with white out. Please visit PeruBonds.org for a copy of the police forensic report, which illustrates the multiple forgeries.
As a result, the Constitutional Tribunal's court clerk, Oscar Diaz, has been charged with falsification of court documents and other crimes. The criminal investigation continues.
Of the six justices presiding over the 2013 Constitutional Tribunal decision, two (Carlos Mesia Ramirez and Gerardo Eto Cruz) have filed separate criminal complaints alleging forgery and a third justice (Fernando Calle Hayden) has publicly denounced the court's decision as a "crime."
PABJ demands answers from President Humala regarding the following questions:
- How can Peru possibly rely on a decision from its highest court that has been forged with white out and subject to a criminal proceeding?
- Is it true that Peru's current process for the agrarian reform bonds requires bondholders to waive all their rights at inception without knowing the amount they will receive? And further, that the process allows the government to delay payment by at least seven years and then elect not to pay at all if the government believes payment will affect the budget?
- What is the amount that Peru is offering bondholders under its current flawed process?
- How does Peru officially account for the agrarian reform bonds in its official debt statistics?
- How is Peru's failure to honor the agrarian reform bonds not a selective default?
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pabj-demands-answers-from-peruvian-president-ollanta-humala-regarding-the-agrarian-reform-bond-scandal-while-he-attends-the-un-general-assembly-special-session-in-new-york-300256010.html
SOURCE Peruvian-American Bondholders for Justice (PABJ)