VANCOUVER, British Columbia, July 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Pacific Booker Minerals Inc. (NYSE Amex: PBM), (CDNX: BKM.V) is pleased to announce that the British Columbia Environmental Assessment Office (BCEAO) has accepted for Review the Company's Application for an Environmental Assessment Certificate. The BCEAO has also informed the Company that the Company has met the requirements of the Section 11 Order with respect to both public and First Nations Consultation and is satisfied with the Consultation Plans proposed by the Company for the Application Review period. The 180-day Environmental Assessment Certificate Application Review period begins on July 12, 2010.
The Environmental Assessment Certificate is required to apply for the various Licences and Permits required for the construction, operation, decommissioning and reclamation of the proposed 30,000 tonnes ore per day open-pit mine (over a projected mine life of 21 years) at the Morrison property located in Central BC, Canada.
In addition, the BCEAO has accepted the following Licences and Permits for Concurrent Review:
1. Mining Lease, Ministry of Energy Mines and Petroleum Resources
2. Crown Lease for mineral tenure 520519 (tailings storage facility), Integrated Land Management Bureau
3. Statutory Right-of-Way Crown Land Tenure for the transmission line, Integrated Land Management Bureau
4. Occupant Licence to Cut for the mine site, Ministry of Forests and Range
5. Special Use Permit, Ministry of Forests and Range
6. Road Permits and Road Use Agreements, Ministry of Forests and Range
7. Forest Licence to Cut for the transmission line, Ministry of Forests and Range
The Company is pleased to have achieved these essential milestones towards commencement of construction that will lead to commercial metal production of the 100% owned Morrison Copper/Gold Project.
For information regarding Pacific Booker Minerals Inc., and to view our Khandaker and Standard & Poor's reports, our 3D animations of the Morrison ore body and site plan, please visit our website home page at http://www.pacificbooker.com .
If you would like to be added to our email newsgroup, please send your request by email to email@example.com .
Gregory R. Anderson
Director, CEO and President
SOURCE Pacific Booker Minerals Inc.