Paley Center Announces Line-Up for Feb. 9 'Next Big Thing' Event
ElectNext, Ology, PolicyMic, Veenome, and YouNow to present at media startup showcase
NEW YORK, Feb. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Paley Center for Media will present this year's first installment of its quarterly Next Big Thing series on Thursday, February 9, with demos and presentations from five digital-media startups. Sponsored by AdKeeper, Inc., McCann, and Mediabrands, the Next Big Thing introduces emerging entrepreneurs to the Paley Center's community of industry leaders.
The following companies are scheduled to present on Feb. 9:
- ElectNext – ElectNext helps you discover the candidates that share your values. It's like eHarmony for elections.
- Ology – Ology is an online entertainment and social media company based in New York City which fuses editorial led entertainment news with social conversations.
- PolicyMic – PolicyMic is a platform to engage millennials in the news & politics.
- Veenome – Veenome translates video content into data for superior organization, publishing, sharing, searching and monetization.
- YouNow – YouNow is a collaborative social television platform that allows people to experience broadcasting in front of a live audience in a social game environment.
The event begins at 6:30, with a cocktail reception; presentations begin at 7:00. AdKeeper Founder & CEO Scott Kurnit will moderate the conversation between the presenters and the audience.
Admission is free for members of the Paley Center's Media Council and Generator communities, and open to registered ticketholders. Buy tickets here or register by e-mail at email@example.com.
A mix of elevator pitches and high-level conversation, Next Big Thing gatherings feature short presentations by new entrepreneurs outlining their businesses and strategies for success followed by intimate discussion with a select audience drawn from the Paley Center's Media Council, Generator, and other leaders and innovators in the new media, technology, and venture capitalist communities.
The Next Big Thing advisory board is chaired by Scott Kurnit and includes Wendy Clark, SVP, Integrated Marketing and Communications Capabilities, Coca-Cola; Betty Cohen, Founder & President, Betty Cohen Media Consulting; Kay Koplovitz, Paley Center board member and founder and CEO, Koplovitz & Co.; Alan Patricof, founder and managing director, Greycroft LLC; Clay Shirky, author and associate professor, NYU's Interactive Telecommunications Program; Yossi Vardi, chairman, International Technologies; and Fred Wilson, managing partner, Flatiron Partners and Union Square Ventures.
Paley Center for Media
SOURCE The Paley Center for Media