NewsiT, Rexly, Solve Media, Voxy, and Yoxi to present at media startup showcase
NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Paley Center for Media will present the final installment of its Next Big Thing series for 2011 on Thursday, November 17, with demos and presentations from five digital-media startups. Sponsored by AdKeeper, Inc., and Velociter, the strategic investment arm of Mediabrands, the Next Big Thing introduces emerging entrepreneurs to the Paley Center's community of industry leaders.
The following companies are scheduled to present on Nov. 17:
- NewsiT, a mobile social network for creating and sharing news
- Rexly, a recommendations and social discovery platform for media content
- Solve Media, a digital advertising platform that uses CAPTCHA type-in messaging to improve brand engagement and recall
- Voxy, a web-based and mobile platform that uses news content and location to create an immersive language-learning experience
- Yoxi, (YO-see) a media organization that discovers and elevates social entrepreneurs by leveraging their expertise for shared-value business opportunities
The event begins at 6:30, with a cocktail reception; presentations begin at 7:00. AdKeeper Founder & CEO Scott Kurnit will moderate the conversation between the presenters and the audience.
Admission is free for members of the Paley Center's Media Council and Generator communities, and open to registered ticketholders. Buy tickets here or register by e-mail at email@example.com.
A mix of elevator pitches and high-level conversation, Next Big Thing gatherings feature short presentations by new entrepreneurs outlining their businesses and strategies for success followed by intimate discussion with a select audience drawn from the Paley Center's Media Council, Generator, and other leaders and innovators in the new media, technology, and venture capitalist communities.
The Next Big Thing advisory board is chaired by Scott Kurnit and includes Wendy Clark, SVP, Integrated Marketing and Communications Capabilities, Coca-Cola; Betty Cohen, Founder & President, Betty Cohen Media Consulting; Kay Koplovitz, Paley Center board member and founder and CEO, Koplovitz & Co.; Alan Patricof, founder and managing director, Greycroft LLC; Clay Shirky, author and associate professor, NYU's Interactive Telecommunications Program; Yossi Vardi, chairman, International Technologies; and Fred Wilson, managing partner, Flatiron Partners and Union Square Ventures.
Paley Center for Media
SOURCE The Paley Center for Media