NEW YORK, Sept. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Panache, the worldwide leader of lingerie and swimwear for D+ cup sizes, unveils its new campaign – "Modeled by Role Models." This campaign celebrates female role models from around the world, each chosen for her individual achievements, contributions to society and healthy approach to body image.
First launched in 2015, this year's "Modeled by Role Models" campaign features an interactive update. Throughout the spring of 2016, people from around the world were invited to nominate their own personal role models. Following this, Panache released a list of semi-finalists, and the public joined a special judging panel to select the final six role models. Sporting Panache lingerie, the finalists participated in a campaign photo shoot in London, which will be exhibited across Panache's digital and social outlets and in retail stores around the world.
"Modeled by Role Models" underscores Panache's mission to make sure its customers are confident and comfortable in their lingerie and swimwear. With more than 30 years of experience in creating bras to perfectly fit larger cup sizes, Panache champions women of all shapes and sizes. With the fashion industry saturated by women who are admired for their physical attributes, Panache's campaign looks to expand the notion of beauty by celebrating women who make an impact in different ways.
"We're looking to shift the perception of what a fashion model entails," says Victoria Sargeson, head of marketing at Panache. "Our 'Modeled by Role Models' campaign celebrates achievements and contributions, looking to highlight the beauty within."
The "Modeled by Role Models" campaign for 2016 includes the following women from around the world, each chosen for her contributions, achievements and healthy body image:
- Anja Loven – a relief and aid worker who set up the African Children's Aid Education and Development Foundation (ACAEDF). Through this foundation, Anja helps African children affected by family abandonment due to superstitious beliefs. (Denmark)
- Eliza Rebeiro – the founder of "Lives Not Knives," an organization that supports young people in education, employment and training, forging the connection between them and prospective employers. (United Kingdom)
- Elly Mayday – a plus-sized model who was diagnosed with a rare form of ovarian cancer, undergoing a hysterectomy at the age of 25 and months of grueling chemotherapy. Despite losing her hair and having scars from surgery, Elly continues to model, promoting body positivity and an unsinkable optimism. (Canada)
- Emily Findlay – a survivor of neuroblastoma, diagnosed at the age of 14. Emily helps children, young adults and parents who have gone through similar experiences by working to improve hospital services through fundraising efforts. (Scotland)
- Jayne Hurditch – the founder of the charity "Amy's House," which started in 2005 following the deaths of her daughters from meningococcal meningitis. This charity helps parents and caregivers with disabled children by offering weekend respite from a qualified and capable staff. (United Kingdom)
- Sylwia Blach – an ambassador for differently abled people through the charity "The One and Only." Sylwia has helped organize "Miss Poland Wheelchair" as well as "Miss Wheelchair World," and she works to enable women to show their inner beauty regardless of body shape or size. (Poland)
"Modeled by Role Models" launches in September 2016 on a microsite, ModeledbyRoleModels.com, as well as with a mix of film and images on social media platforms. The campaign will also be supported with a special hashtag, #MyRoleModel, encouraging people worldwide to speak about their own role models.
Panache is one of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of lingerie and swimwear for D+ cup sizes. For more than 30 years, Panache's commitment to innovation and inspired thinking has gained a reputation worldwide for fit, technology, quality and value. Panache offers everyday basics and fashion products under a selection of labels: Panache, Panache Swim, Cleo by Panache, Cleo Swim, Panache Black, Panache Sport, and Sculptresse. For more information, please visit panache-lingerie.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/panache-launches-modeled-by-role-models-an-unconventional-lingerie-campaign-300322506.html