Panasonic Announces Pricing & Availability Of 2014 Life+Screen AX800 Series 4K Ultra HDTV New Studio Master Drive High Color-Space LED Backlight Delivers the Color Gamut Level of a Plasma Display
NEWARK, N.J., July 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic, a leader in connected HDTVs, announced pricing and availability of its 2014 Life+Screen AX800 Series 4K Ultra HDTVs. The AX800 Series features two screen sizes – 65-inch class, and 58-inch class and is initially offered by www.panasonic.com.
(57.5 inches diagonal)
(64.5 inches diagonal)
The AX800 Series combines "Beyond Smart" features and supreme picture quality in a cutting-edge design.
Stunning Picture Quality
The Life+ Screen AX800 Series features a 4K Ultra HD panel with four times the resolution of Full-HD* and delivers advanced image rendering performance. Panasonic imaging technologies are incorporated into the AX800 Series to further enhance the beauty of its 4K images.
* 4K Ultra HD resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels
- DCI 98% Professional Studio Color -- An improved LED backlight with new panel filter and color range covers 98% of all professional DCI studio standards for an exceptional TV viewing experience.
- Studio Master Drive -- New high color-space LED backlight delivers the color gamut level of a plasma display for more accurate color and smoother gradation at virtually any brightness.
- Local Dimming Pro – Achieves high contrast and rich gradation by matching the backlight control and optimizing the brightness level to each area. This enables deeper black expression and displays even tiny details in dark scenes with crisp clarity.
- 4K Fine Remaster Engine -- A dedicated image processor, delivers beautiful pictures from virtually any source by upconverting low-resolution images so they may be viewed in stunning 4K picture quality. The high-performance image-processing engine processes corrections more precisely and can refine a variety of images, such as broadcasts, web pages, and virtually all kinds of sources, for excellent picture quality.
- THX 4K Certified Displays -- AX800 series presents content in Ultra HD resolution with image clarity, bringing the entertainment experience to life.
Beyond Smart TV
Also distinguishing the AX800 Series is its Life+ Screen "Beyond Smart" feature that provides an easy-to-use interface with a variety of functions. Building on the success of Panasonic's "My Home Screen" personalization features introduced last year, Panasonic Life+ Screens completely overhaul the user interface and implement dramatic enhancements regarding learning the content preferences of individual users, breaking different content out of its silos, and making navigation far easier and more intuitive.
- The new my Home Screen function offers a more intuitive and personalized gateway allowing users to personalize their screen with their favorite apps and content and access it all quickly and easily.
- The new my Stream feature enables seamless, automatic content recommendation. Panasonic Life+ Screens learn user preferences and automatically recommend content that is targeted to each person.* By using the my Button on the Touch Pad Remote, the TV conveniently learns the user's content preferences.
- The Info Bar quickly and conveniently displays useful information without requiring the user to turn on the TV. A proximity sensor coupled with Face Recognition via the AX800's built-in camera work together to instantly and automatically display handy information such as weather forecasts, message notifications and a clock.
- Voice Assistant lets the user easily search for their favorite content in a natural, conversational way.
- my Home Cloud makes it possible to download a wide variety of content and apps, home screen templates, and to gain access to places for purchasing accessories via Panasonic's proprietary Cloud Technology.
- A new Remote Sharing feature also makes it possible to share video memos, messages, and other information from my Home Screen through smartphone devices while away from home.
* Internet service required. Available content may vary by product, model, location, and may require fees. Specifications and product information are subject to changed. Certain recommended content may not be available depending on graphic location, and service subscriptions.
The AX800 Series features 4K 60p Input designed based on HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort™ 1.2a specifications.* It is compatible with copyrighted HDCP 2.2-compliant content. H.265 (HEVC) high-quality, high-efficiency content can also be played. This opens the door to connection with the many upcoming devices with terminals for 60p native 4K content.**
* DisplayPort is a trademark owned by the Video Electronics Standards Association in the United States and other countries.
** Available content and services may vary by product, model, location, specific conditions and may require fees.
The AX800 Series was newly designed based on the concept of Premium Furniture Design. This cutting-edge design concept removes redundant elements to achieve a simple elegance, and glass and metal materials provide an authentically luxurious touch. Together, these elements allow the AX800 Series to blend in naturally with the living space.
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions in the U.S. including products from VIERA Smart Life+ Screen, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more. In Interbrand's 2013 Annual "Best Global Green Brands" report, the Panasonic brand rose to number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report. (http://bit.ly/19WFSpu).