LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic unveiled today at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) its line-up of 2014 Life+Screen 1080p HDTVs. Featuring four model lines ranging in screen size from 39-inch class to 60-inch class, the Panasonic Life+Screen AS680 Series, AS650 Series, AS640 Series and AS530 Series of LED LCD HDTVs will debut this spring. A range of 2014 Life+Screen models including the entire AS650 Series are now available for pre-order at www.shop.panasonic.com.
Panasonic's 2014 Life+Screen1080p line-up of LED LCD HDTVs combine an easy-to-use interface with stunning picture quality performance. Based on the concept of "Beyond Smart TV," this line-up forms a new TV category that delivers unprecedented operating ease for the user.
Beyond Smart TV
The hallmark of the Life+Screen line-up is the "Beyond Smart" concept that provides an easy-to-use interface with a variety of functions. Building on the success of Panasonic's "My Home Screen" personalization features introduced last year, Panasonic Life+ Screens completely overhaul the user interface and implement dramatic enhancements regarding learning the content preferences of individual users, breaking different content out of its silos, and making navigation far easier and more intuitive.
- The new my Home Screen function offers a more intuitive and personalized gateway allowing users to personalize their screen with their favorite apps and content and access it all quickly and easily.
- The new my Stream feature enables seamless, automatic content recommendation. Panasonic Life+ Screens learn user preferences and automatically recommend content that is targeted to each person.* By using the my Button on the Touch Pad Remote, the TV conveniently learns the user's content preferences.
- Voice Assistant lets the user easily search for their favorite content in a natural, conversational way.
- my Home Cloud makes it possible to download a wide variety of content and apps, and to gain access to places for purchasing accessories via Panasonic's proprietary Cloud Technology.
- A new Remote Sharing feature also makes it possible to share video memos, messages, and other information from my Home Screen through smartphone devices while away from home.
* Internet service required. Available content may vary by product, model, and location, and may require fees. Specifications and product information are subject to changed.
Superior Picture Quality
Panasonic s 2014 line-up also maintains its renowned quality in the area of image rendering performance with Backlight Scanning Technology which produces smooth, blur-free moving pictures of fast-moving images.
The AS680 Series (55-inch class) to AS650 Series (60-inch class, 55-inch class, 50-inch class) are advanced models featuring "Beyond Smart" features and picture-enhancing functions. The AS640 Series (one model: 60-inch class) and AS530 Series (four models: 60-inch class, 55-inch class, 50-inch class, 39-inch class) are basic models combining convenient "Beyond Smart" features and practical picture-performance functions.
Also debuting in 2014 is the Panasonic VIERA A400 Series (three models: 50-inch class, 39-inch class, 32-inch class) – a non-Life+Screen series of models with a stylishly slim cabinet and crisp, clear picture quality.
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions in the U.S. including products from VIERA Smart Life+ Screen, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more. In Interbrand's 2013 Annual "Best Global Green Brands" report, the Panasonic brand rose to number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report. (http://bit.ly/19WFSpu).
To learn more about our products, visit www.shop.panasonic.com. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicUSA; additional company information for journalists is also available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
TC-55AS680U (54.5 inches diagonal)
TC-60AS650U (59.5 inches diagonal)
TC-55AS650U (54.6 inches diagonal)
TC-50AS650U (49.4 inches diagonal)
TC-60AS640U(59.5 inches diagonal)
TC-60AS530U (59.5 inches diagonal)
TC-55AS530U (54.6 inches diagonal)
TC-50AS530U (49.5 inches diagonal)
TC-39AS530U (38.5 inches diagonal)
TC-50A400U (49.5 inches diagonal)
TC-39A400U (38.5 inches diagonal)
TC-32A400U (31.5 inches diagonal)
*A400 Series does not include the Life+ Screen functions