SECAUCUS, N.J., July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic today announced the LUMIX DMC-FZ200 which features a high-quality LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 25mm ultra-wide angle lens with a 24x powerful optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 25-600mm) and achieves full range F2.8 aperture. The newest addition to the LUMIX FZ-series of digital cameras, the LUMIX FZ200 is the first digital compact camera(*1) to offer full range F2.8 aperture at 600mm, making it possible to capture moving subjects clearly with fast shutter speed, even from a distance.
A newly developed 12.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor and high performance image processing LSI Venus Engine provide the LUMIX FZ200 with high speed response, high sensitivity recording and superb image quality. Light Speed AF (auto focus) combines with the LUMIX FZ200's ability to capture high speed burst shooting at 12 fps (frames per second) in full resolution and a quick start-up time of approximately .95 seconds, so users never miss even the most fleeting shooting opportunities. Furthermore, High Speed Video enables users to record fast-moving subjects at 120 fps (NTSC/HD)(*2) or 240 fps (NTSC/VGA)(*2).
"Panasonic continues to strive to meet the photography demands of its consumers by providing unique features and advanced technology in all our LUMIX digital cameras," said Marc Sorkin, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America. "With the 24x Optical Zoom and full range F2.8 aperture, the FZ200 is a versatile, powerful camera that provides users with endless options to take creative and high-quality images and videos."
The LUMIX FZ200's powerful 24x optical zoom can be increased to 48x equivalent with the Intelligent Zoom function, and takes advantage of Intelligent Resolution technology to maintain picture quality. The camera's POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) provides improved correction accuracy to minimize blur, even when zoomed, and Active Mode effectively suppresses handshake vibration in both still picture and video recording. Plus, Panasonic's Nano Surface Coating technology minimizes light reflection at the entire zoom range (380nm-780nm) resulting in super clear picture with a dramatic reduction of ghost and flare.
A newly developed 0.2-inch EVF (Electronic View Finder) features a 1,312,000-dot equivalent high resolution, 100% field of view and minimum screen freeze. The LUMIX FZ200's body has been designed as a full-fledged shooting style digital compact camera with ultimate controllability. The side lever has been redesigned in the stroke and locating position, smoothing zoom functions. Focus can also be easily changed with this lever, allowing users to concentrate on shutter operation and get the perfect photographic moment.
The LUMIX FZ200's Creative Control mode features 14 filter options including the newly added Soft Focus(*3), Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, One Point Color, Cross Process, Low Key, Toy Effect and Star Filter(*3) in addition to the conventional Expressive, Retro, High Key, Sepia, High Dynamic and Miniature Effect(*4) modes. Photo Style is also available and allows users to create more artistic photographs with Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait and Custom options. With iA (Intelligent Auto) Plus, users can take advantage of popular iA functions – POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode, AF Tracking, Intelligent D-range Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Recognition, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Handheld Night Shot, Intelligent HDR and Motion Deblur(*5) – in addition to adjusting exposure compensation, white balance and defocusing background areas for more flexible shooting control. For advanced photography users, the LUMIX FZ200 offers manual control mode, allowing users to enjoy a more creative photography experience.
The LUMIX FZ200 is able to produce not only stunning photos but also stunning full-HD in 1,920x1,080 60p videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4) and MP4(*6) formats. The powerful 24x optical zoom with 2-step zoom and POWER O.I.S. is available in video recording and high-quality Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator offers highly realistic, powerful sound for videos. The stereo zoom microphone features a zoom noise reduction system and an Auto Wind Cut function to reduce background noise from wind. Additionally, Active Mode encourages active video recording at wide angle and the popular iA mode allows users to easily create motion images by simple pointing and hitting the record button. Creative Video mode allows users to set the shutter speed and aperture manually to bring special effects to videos, shoot fast moving objects and shoot subjects at various distances.
Additional Features of the LUMIX FZ200 include:
- RAW and RAW+JPEG data recording option
- 3.0-inch, free-angle 460,000-dot Intelligent LCD screen with AR Coating and wide viewing angle ensures comfortable monitoring in various shooting positions.
- Long battery life of approximately 540 pictures per charge.
- Hot Shoe provides more advanced creative freedom, allowing for various accessory attachment including and optional stereo microphone (DMW-MS1), external flash (DMW-FL220/FL360/FL500) or remote shutter (DMW-RSL1).
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode
- Panorama Shot mode
- 3D Photo mode
Pricing and availability for the LUMIX DMC-FZ200 will be announced approximately 30 days prior to shipping. For more information about Panasonic LUMIX digital cameras, please visit www.panasonic.com/lumix.
(*1) As of July 18, 2012.
(*2) The recording format is 30p (NTSC) / 25p (PAL).
** 30p(NTSC) / 25p(PAL) in MP4 recording.
(*3) For photo only
(*4) Sound will not be recorded with [MINIATURE EFFECT] and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long)
(*5) The picture size may be reduced
(*6) 30p in MP4 recording
- Motion pictures in [MP4] can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB.
- Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.
- The LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company's quality standards.
- "AVCHD Progressive", "AVCHD", the "AVCHD Progressive" Logo and the "AVCHD" Logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
- Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
- HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
- All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
- This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
- Some accessories are not available in some countries.
- The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
- Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America, a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American Subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations, offers a wide-range of consumer solutions in the U.S. and Canada. The Company's portfolio of innovative consumer products ranges from VIERA Full HD 3D Televisions, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more.
Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth's natural resources and protect our environment through the company's Eco Ideas programs. Panasonic was the only Consumer Electronics company to be listed in the top ten brands on the Interbrand Best Global Green Brands 2011 ranking. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicdirect, and additional company information for media is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.