Panasonic Introduces The LUMIX FZ60, New Super-Zoom Digital Camera Equipped With 24x Optical Zoom Lens
The New FZ60 Features High Speed Response and Excels in Full-HD Video Recording
SECAUCUS, N.J., July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic is pleased to introduce the new LUMIX DMC-FZ60, the latest in the popular FZ series, which packs a powerful optical zoom and superior controllability including manual operation over both photo and full-HD video recording.
The LUMIX FZ60 is equipped with a high-quality LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 25mm ultra wide-angle lens with a 24x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 25-600mm), allowing for flawless shooting of dynamic landscapes or indoor group portraits. With the camera's Intelligent Zoom function, zoom can be increased to 48x equivalent while Intelligent Resolution technology maintains picture quality. Nano Surface Coating technology dramatically minimizes light reflection for the entire visual light range (380nm-780nm) by applying the extra-low refractive index coating with nano-sized structure on the surface of the lens resulting in super clear picture with dramatic reduction of ghost and flare. Compared of 14 elements in 10 groups, including 3 ED lenses and 2 aspherical lenses with 3 aspherical surfaces, the LUMIX FZ60's advanced lens system fits within an outstandingly compact body while delivering exceptional optical performance and suppressing distortion at the wide-end and color bleeding at the tele-end.
The LUMIX FZ60's newly developed 16.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor combined with the high performance image processing LSI Venus Engine results in elevated response, sensitivity and image quality. Integrating high-speed digital signal output technology, the LUMIX FZ60 shoots 10 fps (frames per second) in 16.1-megapixel full resolution*1 with mechanical shutter and 5 fps with continuous AF. Combined with its quick start-up time of approximately 0.9 seconds, the LUMIX FZ60 is able to capture even the most fleeting shooting opportunities.
"The new LUMIX FZ60 is a powerful, super-zoom camera which boasts extremely fast speed, and stellar image quality," said Marc Sorkin, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America. "The high energy efficiency of the camera's Venus Engine extends the LUMIX FZ60's battery life by about 12% as compared to its predecessor, the FZ45, making it possible to shoot 450 images per single charge making it an ideal companion for field shooting."
The LUMIX FZ60 is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also beautiful high-resolution full-HD 1,920 x 1,080 60i (NTSC, sensor output 30p) videos in AVCHD (MPEG-4 / H.264) format or 30p in MP4. A special, separate button on the top of the camera body allows the user to instantly start recording videos while shooting photos without having to change any settings.
The powerful 24x optical zoom with POWER O.I.S. is available in video recording and Active Mode encourages recording at a wide angle such as shooting while walking, without causing deterioration of image quality. The popular iA (Intelligent Auto) is also available in video recording and Creative Video mode lets the user set the shutter speed and aperture manually to make even more impressive videos. The high-quality stereo sound of Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator offers highly realistic sound to accompany the motion images. The stereo microphone comes with zoom noise reduction system and the Auto Wind Cut function blocks out most of the noise from background wind.
The LUMIX FZ60 incorporates Intelligent Auto mode in pursuit of the ultimate ease of operation and the reduction of missed shots. A comprehensive integration of POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode, AF Tracking, Face Recognition, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, Intelligent D-range Control, Intelligent Handheld Night Shot, Intelligent HDR(High Dynamic Range) and Motion Deblur*2 functions, iA mode lets the camera do all the work, leaving the user free to compose shots, aim and shoot subjects. Additionally, iA Plus mode is newly enhanced to enable defocus control, exposure compensation and white balance adjustment using iA mode.
While offering a convenient shooting-assist function such as iA / iA Plus, the LUMIX FZ60 is capable of full manual control for users a step beyond the beginner stage who enjoy more creative photography. With its P/A/S/M mode, users can enjoy creative shooting, expressing themselves not only in photos but also in video.
The popular Creative Control mode has been upgraded, adding eight new filter options including Soft Focus*3, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, One Point Color, Cross Process, Low Key, Toy Effect and Star Filter*3 in addition to the conventional Expressive, Retro, High Key, Sepia, High Dynamic, Miniature Effect*4 modes.
Additional features of the LUMIX FZ60 include:
- 3.0-inch, 460,000-dot Wide Viewing Angle Intelligent LCD screen
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode
- Panorama Shot mode
- 3D Photo mode
- Optional Accessories including Tele Conversion Lens, Close-up Lens, Lens Adaptor, ND Filter, PL Filter, MC Protector, Battery Pack, Soft Case, Camera Bag, etc
Pricing and availability for the LUMIX DMC-FZ60 will be announced 30 days prior to shipping. For more information about Panasonic LUMIX digital cameras and lenses, please visit www.panasonic.com/lumix.
*1 Maximum 3 images
- Motion pictures in [MP4] can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB.
- Use an SD Memory Card with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos.
* SD Speed Class is the speed standard for continuous writing.
*2 The picture size may be reduced.
*3 For photo only
*4 Sound will not be recorded with [MINIATURE EFFECT] and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long)
* Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.
* The LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company's quality standards.
* The "AVCHD" is a high definition (HD) digital video recording / playback format jointly established by Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
* Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
* HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
* All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
* This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
* Some accessories are not available in some countries.
* The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
* Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America, a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American Subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations, offers a wide-range of consumer solutions in the U.S. and Canada. The Company's portfolio of innovative consumer products ranges from VIERA Full HD 3D Televisions, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more.
Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth's natural resources and protect our environment through the company's Eco Ideas programs. Panasonic was the only Consumer Electronics company to be listed in the top ten brands on the Interbrand Best Global Green Brands 2011 ranking. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicdirect, and additional company information for media is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
More by this Source
Panasonic Ranked Number Four In Best Global Green Brands 2013 Report By Interbrand
Jun 13, 2013, 10:02 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.