Panasonic Unveils 2014 Blu-ray Disc Player Line-Up Smart Network Player Features Host of Networking and Picture-Enhancing Technologies
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic unveiled today at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) its 2014 line-up of Blu-ray Disc Players including the Smart Network 3D Blu-ray Disc™ (DMP-BDT360), and two Blu-ray-Disc Players (DMP-BD91 and DMP-BD81). All three models are available now for pre-order at www.shop.panasonic.com.
The BDT360 is designed for users who enjoy having access to a wide variety of digital content. State-of-the-art technology greatly boosts the performance of this player. While maintaining the 3D picture quality performance elements that gained such popularity in Panasonic models last year (Leaping Effect, Enhanced Depth, Luster and Texture) the BDT360 is further equipped with Built-in 4K (UHD) Up-scaling. This function up-converts the Full-HD images of BD media to ultra high-resolution 4K video signals (8 megapixels). Textures, colors, and even the atmosphere of movie scenes are reproduced with high fidelity to the original images, to create high-definition, true-to-life images that users have never before experienced.
The BDT3601 also features Miracast, which allows photos, music, and video content stored on a smartphone or tablet to be displayed onto a large-screen TV for larger group viewing. Miracast applies Wi-Fi Direct technology, so content can be directly transmitted from a smartphone or tablet to the TV, even when there is no Wi-Fi access point in the house.
As for networking, Built-in Wi-Fi, which makes it possible to access the Internet without having to connect a LAN cable, is included on both of the DMP-BDT360 and DMP-BD91 models. Both models are also compatible with Internet Apps,2,3 for IP services such as Netflix, CinemaNow, Vudu and Hulu plus. The DMP-BDT360 supports a Web Browsing3 function for viewing news, online shopping, and other websites on a large-screen TV, to expand viewing enjoyment beyond movies.
All 2014 Blu-ray Disc Player models feature Multi Directional Design, which has evolved from the Prismatic Cut Form Design of last year's models. The BDT360 has a silver hairline finish on the top panel, and a mirror surface on the front panel, providing a sophisticated and luxurious appearance. The DMP-BD91 and DMP-BD81 black models are designed with a compact, 13-inch wide body. Both models feature a piano black finish on the front panel, and the DMP-BD91 has a black hairline finish on the top panel.
About Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions in the U.S. including products from VIERA Smart Life+ Screen, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more. In Interbrand's 2013 Annual "Best Global Green Brands" report, the Panasonic brand rose to number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report. (http://bit.ly/19WFSpu).
To learn more about our products, visit www.shop.panasonic.com. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicUSA; additional company information for journalists is also available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
- Compatible with Android™ devices, Ver. 4.2 and above and Miracast certified.
- Access to a broadband Internet connection is required to use Internet Apps features. There is no fee to use the Internet Apps functionality, however, some Internet Apps services require membership registration and have a separate fee structure. Network services are operated by the respective service providers, and service may be discontinued either temporarily or permanently without notice.
- A wireless LAN environment is required.
Blu-ray Disc™, Blu-ray™ and the relevant logos are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
Wi-Fi is a registered mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
About Internet Apps™
- Some content may be inappropriate for some viewers.
- Some content may only be available for specific countries and may be presented in specific languages.
- Not all website features or service content may be available.
- The Netflix, CinemaNow, Vudu and Hulu plus names and logos are trademarks of their respective owners in the United States and other countries.
- The information presented here is based on comparisons with Panasonic's 2014 products.
- Functions and services may change. The names and market releases of the products, functions and services listed here vary depending on the country.
- Not all apps are initially included and some require downloading or purchasing.