Panda Security Launches Beta Version of Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced 6.50; Announces Beta Tester Challenge
- New version includes URL filtering and anti-exploit technologies, capable of detecting malware that exploits 0-day vulnerabilities
- Contest offers $100 Amazon.com gift certificates to beta testers with best improvement suggestions
ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Panda Security, The Cloud Security Company, today announced the beta release of version 6.50 of Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced, the first cloud-based endpoint security solution with protection for Exchange Server.
Main new features of Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced 6.50 beta include:
- URL filtering: Improved proactive detection for even better protection. The solution's technology and reporting capabilities allow deeper visibility into end-user Internet activity and productivity. In addition, it enables administrators to create URL blacklists and whitelists, and blocks access to URLs belonging to prohibited categories, such as sex, gaming, etc.
- Anti-exploit technology: Detects and neutralizes malware that exploits 0-day vulnerabilities to infect the PC. This technology leverages Panda's Collective Technology to block Blackhole and Redkit exploit malware by analyzing its behavior. The solution is capable of detecting new malware variants even before they have been identified.
- Compatible with Exchange Server 2013: The beta release is compatible with the new messaging platform Exchange Server 2013, as well as with Microsoft's new operating system Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) and Windows 2012 Server.
Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced, which was launched last June, features Exchange Server protection that scans all inbound and outbound email regardless of the protocol used. Additionally, the software has an intelligent mailbox scanner that optimizes server resource usage, and incorporates anti-spam protection and Device Control technologies designed to prevent the spread of malware through the improper use of external devices.
The service also includes Malware Freezer, a module that 'freezes' detected malware for seven days by placing it in quarantine. This tool ensures system stability, restoring false positive files. An image of the product can be accessed at: http://press.pandasecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/url_en.bmp.
Along with the release of the beta, Panda also announced the launch of a competition to reward its beta testers. The ten users suggesting the most helpful improvements to Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced will each receive a $100 Amazon.com gift certificate. The beta can be downloaded for free at: http://www.pandasecurity.com/promotions/betatest/pcop.
For more information about Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced, please visit: http://www.pandasecurity.com/enterprise/solutions/cloud-office-protection-advanced/.
About Panda Security
Founded in 1990, Panda Security is the world's leading provider of cloud-based security solutions, with products available in more than 23 languages and millions of users located in 195 countries around the World. Panda Security was the first IT security company to harness the power of cloud computing with its Collective Intelligence technology. This innovative security model can automatically analyze and classify thousands of new malware samples every day, guaranteeing corporate customers and home users the most effective protection against Internet threats with minimum impact on system performance. Panda Security has 56 offices throughout the globe with US headquarters in Florida and European headquarters in Spain.
Panda Security collaborates with WWF and Project Stella as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
For more information, visit http://www.pandasecurity.com/.
SOURCE Panda Security