PITTSBURGH, Feb. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- PANTHERx Specialty Pharmacy was once again ranked #1 for Q4 2016 in the Zitter Health Insights Patient Satisfaction Survey, which assesses all specialty pharmacies in the U.S. This marks the second consecutive quarter where PANTHERx was recognized as the leading specialty pharmacy in patient satisfaction.
The Zitter Health Insights survey assesses numerous aspects of patient satisfaction and analyzes responses from more than 10,000 specialty pharmacy patients across all specialty pharmacies every year. By leveraging an external party to aggregate unbiased patient feedback, specialty pharmacies are able to objectively assess how they are perceived by their patients as well as benchmark how they compare to competitor performance in the areas of patient perception, access, and adherence.
The overall key measure of the survey is the Net Promoter Score (NPS) – an index of -100 to 100 that measures patients' willingness to recommend their pharmacy to others. PANTHERx Specialty Pharmacy's NPS across all categories was 90. This score is the highest across all 38 specialty pharmacies assessed and more than double the average of 43 for Q4 2016 survey which was conducted between October 24, 2016 and December 18, 2016.
"We are honored to be recognized as the top specialty pharmacy in overall patient satisfaction for a second straight quarter," says PANTHERx Specialty Pharmacy CEO, Dr. Gordon Vanscoy. "These results validate the scientific evidence of our unrivaled commitment to our patients and our associates' ability to consistently provide the highest level of care possible."
Last quarter, PANTHERx received an NPS of 98 which was the highest score ever achieved by any specialty pharmacy surveyed by Zitter Health Insights over the past 2 years that it has been conducting the survey.
"Having the ability to deliver such positive results again proves that our approach to patient care is working and our patients recognize the difference," says Dr. Douglas Gebhard, VP of Quality & Education at PANTHERx.
The NPS is determined by asking patients on a scale of 0 to 10 how likely they would be to recommend a friend/family member to PANTHERx Specialty Pharmacy. Patients responding with a 9 or 10 improve the score, while patient's responding with 0 to 6, detract from the overall score. Approximately 75 percent of patients rated PANTHERx a "10," and 17 percent of patients gave PANTHERx a rating of "9," resulting in a total of 92 percent of patients giving PANTHERx Specialty Pharmacy the highest rating possible.
About PANTHERx Specialty Pharmacy
PANTHERx® Specialty Pharmacy is THE Rare Disease Specialty Pharmacy®, servicing patients nationwide, and headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. PANTHERx Specialty's mission is to transform lives by delivering medical breakthroughs, clinical excellence, and access solutions to patients afflicted with rare and devastating conditions. PANTHERx was recently recognized as the fastest growing healthcare company by Inc. magazine and in the top 5 places to work by Modern Healthcare. PANTHERx identifies opportunities every day to Reinvent Specialty, Revolutionize Pharmacy, and Redefine Care®, by developing focused solutions, bold innovation, and novel clinical services associated with the life-transforming therapies.
Contact: Jonathan Ogurchak, 855-726-8479 x9999, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pantherx-specialty-pharmacy-repeats-as-1-in-patient-satisfaction-300404830.html
SOURCE PANTHERx Specialty Pharmacy