Papa Bear Loungeabouts Children's Pajamas Recalled by Retailers Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
WASHINGTON, Feb. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of product: Children's pajamas and sleepwear
Units: Estimate of 10,000 plus
Importer: Papa Bear Loungeabouts, LLC, of Los Angeles, Calif.
Hazard: The garments fail to meet federal flammability standards for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injury to children.
Incidents/Injuries: None reported.
Description: This recall involves all styles of pajama sets (tops and bottoms), separate pajama pants and nightgowns sold in boys and girls sizes 0-6X and 7-14. A garment label with the name "Papa Bear Loungeabouts" and a picture of a bear is sewn into the center back neckline on the outside of the garments. A hanging label features the same name and image. The sleepwear is 100% cotton poplin or 100% cotton flannel and the different styles come in a variety of colors and novelty print designs, including: bling, cows, Scotty dogs, hotrods, basketball, sports, vintage, rodeo, rock and roll, ballerinas, popcorn and more.
Sold at: Children's clothing and specialty retailers nationwide and online from January 2004 to December 2011.
Manufactured in: China
Remedy: Consumers should stop using the recalled sleepwear immediately and return the product to the retailer where the product was purchased for a refund, exchange or store credit.
Consumer Contact: For additional information, please contact the retailer from whom you purchased your recalled products. Participating in this recall are the following retailers with their contact details:
- CCS Group d/b/a Pajamamania: 866-472-5262, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; includes Sleepyheads and Pajamaheaven of Erlanger, Ky.; websites: www.pajamamania.com, www.sleepyheads.com
- Cotton Tots, Inc. d/b/a Bright Beginnings and Bestdressed Kids of Austin, Tx.:
512-453-0433, Email: email@example.com; website: www.bestdressedkids.com
- Comfykid.com of San Jose, Calif.: 877-479-9040, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: www.comfykid.com
- My Baby Pajamas, LLC of Scottsdale, Ariz.: 480-330-6380, email@example.com; website: www.mybabypajamas.com
- Pajama Company of New Canaan, Conn.: 877-757-4386 firstname.lastname@example.org; website: www.thepajamacompany.com
- Zulily, Inc. of Seattle, Wash.: 855-812-0945 email@example.com; website: www.zulily.com
Photos of this product are available at www.cpsc.gov/CPSCPUB/PREREL/prhtml12/12122.html.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is still interested in receiving incident or injury reports that are either directly related to this product recall or involve a different hazard with the same product. Please tell us about your experience with the product on SaferProducts.gov.
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908
SOURCE U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission