CHICAGO, Oct. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Industry leaders agree that transitioning to value-based care from fee-for-service reimbursement will benefit workers' compensation by tying medical provider payments to patient outcomes. But widespread implementation of value-based models requires overcoming challenges unique to the industry.
At next month's 25th Annual National Workers' Compensation and Disability Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, attendees will learn ways to operationalize value-based care for injured workers from four early adopters across the healthcare delivery spectrum.
- Ann Schnure, former Vice President Risk Management-Claims, Macy's
- Stephen T. Woods M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation
- Cyndy Larsen, Area Vice President, Kaiser Permanente
- Robert Evans, Vice President of Repricing Solutions, Rising Medical Solutions
From Macy's applying value-driven, integrated care for its injured workers; to the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation incentivizing quality care through a knee injury program; to Kaiser Permanente utilizing a proven Accountable Care Organization model for workers' comp patients; to Rising Medical Solutions (Rising) bundling orthopedic surgical arrangements for work injuries, experts for the "Practical Strategies for Bringing Value-Based Care to Workers' Comp" panel will share:
- Current industry adoption rates as detailed in the soon-to-be released 2016 Workers' Compensation Benchmarking Study
- How value-based care for injured workers is improving care quality, costs and claim outcomes
- Ways to evaluate opportunities for implementing value-driven healthcare
- Challenges and successes organizations are encountering
- How to design and implement value-based programs
The session will be held on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center from 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. CST. Rising's 2016 Workers' Compensation Benchmarking Study will be released in the weeks leading up to the conference.
About Rising Medical Solutions
Rising Medical Solutions (www.risingms.com) is a national medical-financial solutions firm that provides medical cost containment and medical care management services to the workers' compensation, auto, liability and group health markets.
Media Contact: Rachel Fikes: email@example.com / 312.224.5893
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/paradigm-shift-to-value-based-care-showcased-at-national-workers-compensation-and-disability-conference-300343055.html
SOURCE Rising Medical Solutions