Parenthood.com Features The Grocery Game's Teri Gault on Fighting High Summer Grocery Prices
LOS ANGELES, June 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TheGroceryGame.com, the world's largest grocery savings site, is pleased to announce founder and CEO Teri Gault is featured in a new article published on Parenthood.com titled "How to Combat Higher Summer Grocery Prices."
Teri focuses on many supermarkets' tactic of offering fewer sale prices and more everyday low prices. While this may not seem like a bad thing for the average shopper, members of www.TheGroceryGame.com rely on stocking up on items when they are on sale, making higher "everyday low prices" a total game-changer.
"With my Grocery Game rules you will learn to become an investor and never pay full price for anything," says Teri. "Investing can help you save hundreds of dollars on your groceries every month, and summertime offers some of the very best investment opportunities of the year."
In the article, Teri recommends the following tips for stockpiling during the summer months:
- Take advantage of sales on fresh produce and freeze fruit to add into smoothies or yogurt later.
- Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day are the times to find the best prices on meat of the year – you can stock your freezer with these deals for weeks or even months.
- Stock up on items for school lunches such as bread, lunchmeat, condiments, chips, crackers, etc.
- Check the expiration dates on perishables such as yogurt, orange juice, sour cream, cream cheese, and lunch meat, and then stock up accordingly.
- Stack store coupons with manufacturer coupons and grocery store sales for the biggest savings on summer groceries.
About The Grocery Game:
The Grocery Game publishes Teri's List, a weekly online compilation of the lowest-priced products at local supermarkets and drugstores. The List matches manufacturers' coupons, online printable coupons and advertised and unadvertised sales as well as sales trends. The Grocery Game does all the hard work and research, and presents it in a straightforward format. Teri's List is available for some of the largest supermarkets and drugstore chains coast to coast.
The Grocery Game provides access to hundreds of printable coupons and manufacturer coupons that can be sent to store loyalty cards. www.TheGroceryGame.com actually tells you when and where to use your coupons.
SOURCE The Grocery Game