ROCKAWAY, N.J., Sept. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Creep, float, crawl and then click away to experience the online expansion of Party City's Halloween expertise into the digital domain. Beginning in early September, the premier Halloween specialty retailer, Party City, will launch its online costume store and a series of new and improved social applications to jumpstart the Halloween season. Utilizing new technologies and the latest in social communication platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and a newly launched YouTube channel, Party City intends to engage and entertain Halloween enthusiasts with a series of interactive games and programs.
- Brew Your Costume 2.0: This all-knowing, steamy cauldron now has a more robust engine design and upgraded graphics and analyzes a user's Facebook profile or asks a few brief personality questions to find the right ingredients for a perfectly tailored Halloween costume.
- Digital Dressing Room: Select and "try on" different Halloween costumes to virtually experience a wide selection of costume choices and see how they would look.
- 2010 Halloween Fashion Show: Vampires, Greek goddesses and Material Girls are taking over the catwalk as Party City unveils on YouTube the 2010 hottest Halloween trends.
- Trick-or-Tweet: A month-long Twitter challenge where followers receive clues and scavenge for select costumes on Party City's website to win gift cards.
- House of Halloweenies: Developed as a Halloween online experience, the House of Halloweenies features animated hot dog characters and allows visitors to explore a haunted house by searching for various tricks and treats hidden throughout the spooky mansion – from a "Darth Weenie" dual to Weenie rap songs.
According to the National Retail Federation, in 2009 consumers spent a total of $1.75 billion nationally on Halloween costumes, attesting to the surging popularity of Halloween. In response to the ever-increasing demand for Halloween costumes, Party City has intensified its digital dedication and expanded its social presence to provide Party City customers with engaging and playful social applications to browse and shop for Halloween costumes and accessories. Check out partycity.com and Party City's Facebook page for more details.
SOURCE Party City