Party City Shares Red-Hot Party Ideas to Spice Up Cinco de Mayo
ROCKAWAY, N.J., April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cinco de Mayo is the perfect occasion to celebrate a fun holiday with friends and family, and in recent years the holiday has become a nationwide celebration with parades, Mexican cuisine, and over-the-top fiestas. The Cinco de Mayo holiday commemorates a Mexican military victory at the Battle of Puebla in 1862 and is now observed nationwide in the United States by all cultures and communities. North America's largest party specialty retailer, Party City, is sharing simple and budget-friendly ideas for turning any Cinco de Mayo celebration into a modern fiesta.
1. South-of-the-Border Flair – Dress up any home with a combination of traditional Mexican-inspired decor, like del sol banners and paper-mache pinatas, and trendy paper fluffies and lanterns. Additionally, place an oversized sombrero in the center of the table and place chips in the brim. Set out a variety of salsas around the brim and the sombrero functions as a centerpiece as well as decorative servewear.
2. Mustache Details – Surprise guests with mustache decorative details added to unexpected places, like pinatas, family photos, and bathroom mirrors -- these stylish whiskers are this year's must-have party accessory. If serving frozen margaritas, adorn margarita glasses with self-adhesive mustaches just below the rim of the glass, and when guests take a sip, the strategically placed mustache will add some facial flair to their smiles.
3. Margarita Makeover – America's favorite party drink, the margarita, perfectly compliments any Cinco de Mayo celebration. Reinvent this classic by turning the beverage into an ice-y treat. Fill ice pop molds with margarita mix and freeze the night before the party. Before serving, sprinkle with salt and serve on a bed of ice.
4. Caliente Costumes – Don Cinco de Mayo costume accessories, including mini-sombrero headbands, colorful serapes, mustaches and chili-pepper sunglasses, perfect for attending a Cinco de Mayo party or celebrating at a favorite local establishment. Capture picture-perfect moments with everyone outfitted in bold and festive styles and stage group poses to make a big impact.
5. Citrus and Spicy Touches – Use a variety of fresh peppers and fruits to add bold colors and spice to a tablescape. Toss out traditional paper seating cards and handwrite guests' names on whole jalapenos set atop each plate. Create fresh centerpieces with glass jars filled to the brim with lemons, oranges and limes.
With thousands of party supplies and a colorful assortment of festive Cinco de Mayo decorations — from decorations and costume accessories to tableware and favors — Party City can help everyone celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style. For clever tips and more information on great party ideas, visit PartyCity.com or a local Party City store.
About Party City
Party City Holdings Inc. designs, manufactures, contracts for manufacture and distributes party goods, including paper and plastic tableware, metallic balloons, accessories, novelties, gifts and stationery. Party City Holdings Inc. also operates retail party goods and social expressions supply stores in the North America under the names Party City, Halloween City, Factory Card & Party Outlet and Party Packagers. Party City is North America's largest party goods chain and the premier retailer of Halloween costumes, theme party supplies, birthday decorations and other specialty party supplies.
SOURCE Party City
More by this Source
Party City Reveals The Top Five Cities To Shake Your Shamrock This St. Patrick's Day
Mar 05, 2013, 17:25 ET
Party City Launches PartyCityCares.com to Tackle Hunger in America with Taste of the NFL
Jan 28, 2013, 11:11 ET
Party City And Taste of the NFL Team Up To Tackle Hunger In America
Jan 14, 2013, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.