Patient Fusion Launches Free Tool for Consumers to Manage their Health Spending
In addition to online appointment booking and medical record access, the country's largest health platform gives patients financial information they need to make healthcare decisions
SAN FRANCISCO, May 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Patient Fusion, the personal health platform, today launched a free tool to help patients track their health spending online. Consumers who book appointments online at PatientFusion.com receive access to their online personal health record (PHR) and can now track their health spending across all of their medical visits. The beta launch is available to patients covered by national insurance payers including United and Anthem Blue Cross.
Simplified access to health spending information helps patients avoid surprises by making sense of their family's health bills. Patient Fusion's out-of-pocket expense visualization and deductible tracking empowers consumers to plan their flexible spending account (FSA) contributions accurately and determine the possible cost for their next doctor's visit. Insurance claims information is also included, allowing patients to quickly see which claims have been accepted and which rejected claims may need to be disputed. Additionally, it is now easier for patients to stay on top of bills that might otherwise never leave the to-do pile, resulting in more timely payments to doctors.
- Patient Fusion now allows consumers to instantly track their health spending, including out-of-pocket expenses-to-date, costs covered by insurance and the remaining balance of their deductible
- According to reporting from The New York Times, the average person spends $3,000 a year on out-of-pocket medical costs and one fourth of Americans report that they've had trouble paying bills in the past year
- Medical bills are the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the US, with medical crises accounting for almost half of family bankruptcies
- Patient Fusion is the easiest place to find a doctor in the US with more than 27,000 verified providers searchable by specialty and location, reviews from actual patient visits and instant appointment requests
- Doctors on Patient Fusion use Practice Fusion's cutting edge health technology to deliver safe, efficient care to 64 million patients across the country
"Until now, patients have been disenfranchised in the health system, but we're in a unique position to give consumers the information they need," said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. "We've given patients transparency into the quality of doctor they see, and now we're offering that same visibility into their health spending. As a company, we believe patients must be empowered to make informed decisions about their own health."
To learn more about Patient Fusion or to book an appointment with a doctor today, please visit www.patientfusion.com.
About Patient Fusion
Patient Fusion is the best place to find and book an appointment with a doctor and instantly access your health records with more than 27,000 verified providers in the US. Patient Fusion addresses the needs of today's patients, empowering them to take control of their personal health and medical spending through revolutionary technology, completely free of charge. Patient Fusion is the next step in the evolution of Practice Fusion's free, web-based electronic health record (EHR) platform, the nation's largest doctor-patient community. For more information about Patient Fusion, please visit www.patientfusion.com.
SOURCE Practice Fusion
More by this Source
Six Predictions for How IT Will Impact Healthcare in 2014
Nov 12, 2013, 13:36 ET
Practice Fusion Guarantees 2014 Meaningful Use
Oct 10, 2013, 08:30 ET
Practice Fusion Raises $70 Million to Fix Healthcare Using Data
Sep 24, 2013, 07:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.