FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., May 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ten Hyundai service advisors from ten different Hyundai dealerships put their automotive expertise and customer service skills to the test in Hyundai's biennial National Service Advisor Championship yesterday. The National Championship competitors were all winners of the Regional Skills Competitions held last year. The National Champion competition started with more than 50 service advisors from more than 820 Hyundai dealers nationally. These 50 service advisors represent the best of the best and always go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure each customer leaves the dealership satisfied. Service advisors work with customers to handle simple maintenance services such as transmission flushes, oil changes and tire rotations, as well as difficult repair projects caused by accidents.
Patrick Meagher from Hyundai of Wesley Chapel in Wesley Chapel, Florida and Amy Kemp from Vandergriff Hyundai in Arlington, Texas won the National Competition, which earned them $500 and a trip to Korea to compete in the Global Championship. At the Global Championship in October, the U.S. winner will compete against service advisors from more than 45 different countries.
"The competition was fierce and there could only be one winner, but the skills practiced at this event are aimed at the heart of customer satisfaction," said Barry Ratzlaff, executive director, customer connect and service business development, Hyundai Motor America. "The Service Advisor Championship ensures we are providing an outstanding customer experience and arming our service advisors with the tools and training they need to deliver on the promise of Hyundai Assurance Car Care."
The Service Advisor Championship is designed to improve customer satisfaction at Hyundai service centers across America. Improved customer satisfaction comes from having dealership service advisors compete against one another in a unique and interactive environment. The competition tests customer focused service processes and the advisors' abilities via a 35 question multiple choice written exam, a judged role playing scenario and interview. The tests cover everything that happens from when a customer drops off their vehicle to when it is delivered back to them. The competition ultimately recognizes top performing advisors in the following areas: appointments, greeting, write-up / walk around, active delivery and follow-up.
Top performers in each event of the National Championship were:
- Walk Around – Amy Kemp
- Interview – Amanda Trainer
- Written Test – Patrick Meagher
Regional Skills Competition winners were:
- Casey Grant, Service Consultant from AutoNation Hyundai Tempe, Tempe, AZ
- Sherrie Wilson, Service Consultant from Earnhardt Hyundai Avondale, Avondale, AZ
- Tony May, Service Consultant from Ray Skillman Southside Hyundai, Greenwood, IN
- Joseph Fabeck, Service Consultant from Inver Grove Hyundai, Grove Heights, MN
- Brandon Dugan, Service Consultant from Reliable Hyundai, Springfield, MO – sending Eddie Hicks, Service Consultant from Jim Burke Hyundai, Birmingham, AL as an alternate
- Amy Kemp, Service Consultant from Vandergriff Hyundai, Arlington, TX
- Amanda Trainer, Service Consultant from Coastal Hyundai, Melbourne, FL
- Patrick Meagher, Service Consultant from Hyundai of Wesley Chapel, Wesley Chapel, FL
- Michael Myette, Service Consultant from Hyundai Village of Danvers, Danvers, MA
- Jon Hess Jr., Service Consultant from Lester Glenn Hyundai, Toms River, NJ
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle limited warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance. Hyundai Blue Link Assurance Connected Care provides owners of Hyundai models equipped with the Blue Link telematics system with proactive safety and car care services complimentary for one year with enrollment. These services include Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostic Alert, Monthly Vehicle Health Report and in-vehicle service scheduling.
For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America