Paul Gauguin Cruises European Voyages On The m/v Tere Moana Offer A Feast Of Culinary & Wine Excursions Spring Through Fall
BELLEVUE, Wash., June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Paul Gauguin Cruises (www.pgcruises.com), operator of the highest-rated and longest continually sailing luxury cruise ship in the South Pacific, the m/s Paul Gauguin, and the 90-guest m/v Tere Moana, offers a variety of shore excursions on 7-night European voyages for food and wine connoisseurs.
From spring through fall, The Moana sails nine European itineraries: Barcelona to Rome; Rome to Venice; Athens to Istanbul; Roundtrip Istanbul; Istanbul to Athens; Athens to Rome; Roundtrip Venice; Venice to Athens; and Lisbon to Barcelona. Cooking classes, culinary demonstrations, market tours, winery tours, wine tastings, and multi-course dining are some of the optional excursions offered on The Moana's European sailings:
- Dubrovnik, Croatia—Wine Tour of Peljesac Peninsula: Savor some of the most intriguing reds in Europe during a private wine tour of Croatia's most respected cellars including the Milos Winery and Grigch Cellars, followed by a wine tasting and a Dalmatian lunch at the Bartulovic estate.
- Elba, Italy—Porto Azzurro & Wine Tasting: Sample wine and olive oils at La Chiusa Winery, a historic wine estate visited by Napoleon Bonaparte, before exploring the charming seaside town of Porto Azzurro.
- Hvar, Croatia—Wine Tasting Tour of Hvar: Enjoy wines from two of Croatia's most distinguished winemakers, olive oil tastings, and a gourmet picnic lunch.
- Lipari, Italy—Island Tour & Pizza Cooking: Tour Lipari before venturing to a local pizzeria to see a pizza-making demonstration. Then, create your own pizza and savor the results accompanied by wine, Aeolian delicacies, and local folk music.
- Portimao, Portgual—Wine Tasting & Charming Silves: Visit Quinta dos Vales and enjoy a tour of the winery and wine tasting before continuing on to Silves, once the Moorish capital of the Algarve.
- Portofino, Italy—Olive Oil Tasting & Lunch at the Splendido Hotel: Pay an exclusive visit to this world-famous luxury hotel to learn about the many uses and varieties of olive oil, followed by a lunch of Italian specialties.
- Rhodes, Greece—Afternoon Cooking Class in Rhodes: Learn the secrets of Greek dishes from a local chef during a cooking class and savor the region's cuisine while sipping local wines.
- Rovinj, Croatia—Truffle Hunt Tour: Journey to the village of Vrh, overlooking Lake Butongia, and meet the family that originated the tradition of truffle hunting in Istria. Explore the famous Motovun forest led by specially trained dogs and hunt for black and white truffles to enjoy with local wines, cheeses, and delicacies.
- Santorini, Greece—Wine Tasting Tour with Lunch & a Visit to Oia: Tour three wineries and learn the secrets of local winemaking as you taste Greek wines and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before visiting the village of Oia.
- Sete, France—Montpellier & Aigues-Mortes with Lunch & Wine Tasting: Experience the scenic beauty and flavors of Montpellier, the walled city of Aigues-Mortes, and France's Languedoc winemaking region. Dine at La Compagnie des Comptoirs restaurant for lunch before your wine tasting at a boutique winery near Sete.
- Sete, France—Montpellier & Wine Tasting at Flaugergues: Explore Montpellier's Old Town on a walking tour followed by a wine tasting at the Château Flaugergues private wine estate in France's Languedoc region.
- Split, Croatia—Wines of Dalmatia: Meet a local expert and sample some of Croatia's celebrated wines along with olives and cheeses at Split's premier wine establishment, the Kunl Gurmana Wine Club.
- St. Tropez, France—Strolling in St. Tropez with Wine Tasting: Enjoy a scenic walking tour of St. Tropez followed by a wine class and wine tasting highlighting traditions of the region.
- Sorrento, Italy—Cooking Class in a Private Villa in Sorrento: Learn to prepare genuine southern Italian cuisine at the Sorrento Cooking School and tour their wine cellar to sample exclusive vintages.
- Sorrento, Italy—Flavors of Sorrento: In the Italian Riviera's countryside, visit a farm that produces oranges, lemons, and wine using equipment and techniques dating to the 18th century and take in a demonstration of the preparation of mozzarella cheese.
- Taormina, Italy—Market & Sicilian Cooking Tour: Journey to 3,000-year-old Cantania, on Sicily's east coast, and see one of the most ancient markets in the area. Then ride to Viagrande, a village on the slopes of Mt. Etna known for its vineyards and culinary traditions. Mrs. Consoli, a famous cook and food writer, welcomes you into her private home to share preparations of typical Sicilian dishes.
- Taormina, Italy—Taormina Tour & Wine Tasting: Discover 15th-century Palazzo Corvia, a historic Greek amphitheater, and the Corso Umberto before touring a wine estate to sample famous wines of Sicily and dine on authentic local cuisine.
- Trogir, Croatia—Cooking Class in Trogir: Tour the city's Green and Fish market with a local chef, then go to her 13th-century palace to create a menu from market purchases. At the end of the cooking class, savor a delicious lunch with wine.
- Zadar, Croatia—Wine Pairing at BIBICh Wine Cellar: Tour the vineyards and cellars of BIBICh winery, which produce some of the most celebrated wines in the country, before enjoying a six- to eight-course gourmet lunch paired with wines.
Rates for culinary and wine excursions range from $129 to $489 per person. For a complete list of European shore excursions, descriptions, and fares, please visit www.pgcruises.com/excursions. Shore excursions are available for pre-booking 90 days prior to sailing by calling Paul Gauguin Cruises at 800-848-6172. Guests of The Moana can also arrange private tours and services, customized to their needs and travel budgets with Paul Gauguin Personalized Services (PGPS) by calling 800-305-5416 or by emailing PGPS@pgcruises.com. With hundreds of options to choose from, PGPS can coordinate air travel, accommodations, customized and private tours, and transfer packages for Moana guests.
Seven-night European voyages on The Moana start from $2,995 per person, based on double occupancy. For additional information, contact a Travel Professional, call 1-800-848-6172, or visit www.pgcruises.com.
About Paul Gauguin Cruises
Owned by Pacific Beachcomber S.C., French Polynesia's leading luxury hotel and cruise operator, Paul Gauguin Cruises operates the 5+-star cruise ship, the 332-guest m/s Paul Gauguin, providing a deluxe cruise experience tailored to the unparalleled wonders of Tahiti, French Polynesia, the South Pacific, and Southeast Asia. It is one of the top exclusive charter and incentive group venues in the industry and has completed more than 570 South Pacific cruises, serving more than 176,250 guests, including more than 15,000 honeymooners, since its inaugural sail in 1998. The Gauguin's accolades include second place for small-ship cruise lines in Travel + Leisure's 2012 "World's Best Awards" and was recognized as one of the "Top 20 Small Cruise Ships" in 2013 for the 15th year in a row by readers of Conde Nast Traveler.
In December 2012, the m/v Tere Moana began sailing under the Paul Gauguin Cruises banner after completing a multifaceted renovation and offers voyages in the Caribbean, Latin America, and Europe. At 330 feet long and 46 feet wide, The Moana has a draft of 11.5 feet, and accommodates 90 guests with a staff of 60.
Vanessa Bloy| Director of Public Relations| Paul Gauguin Cruises| (425) 440-6255| email@example.com
SOURCE Paul Gauguin Cruises