WARREN, Mich., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Getting ready for family, football and Thanksgiving festivities? It's no secret Black Friday is one of the best days of the year to buy a new TV. So the experts in Big Screen TV's, Paul's TV inside Art Van Furniture, has put together FIVE helpful tips for holiday shoppers when purchasing a new television set.
- Alphabet soup: LED, LCD, or Plasma TV? LED's have richer color and are more energy efficient. LCD's are slightly less expensive and have a matte finish and will display better in brighter rooms. Plasma's have the richest color palette of all and the best viewing angles.
- Numbers: 1080p is the term used mostly when identifying resolution. 1080p is currently the most desirable resolution. The higher the resolution the better the overall picture quality.
- Cords and Settings: HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) connection is the most commonly used connection in the transfer of High Definition from your cable or satellite box. But would you believe that about half of HDTVs that get hooked up are not setup properly to receive HD? A Paul's TV setup guarantees that picture quality will be optimized from Day 1!
- Installation: If you are considering installing your HDTV professional installation is highly recommended. Not only for safety purposes but what does one do with all of the exposed wires? Professional installation from a licensed and insured professional guarantees a worry free experience.
- Save the Box: Hang on to the box and the Styrofoam that your HDTV came in. This will come in quite handy if moving, or if something goes wrong and the unit needs to be shipped back to the manufacturer.
"The holidays are often hectic for families, and consumers don't always do their homework before buying a television set," says James Garelli, Paul's TV Director of Stores. "The theme of this year's holidays is BIG screens for Low Prices!! It's truly amazing that Home Theater sized TVs 60 inch to 92 inch are averaging 30% of the average selling price that they did just a few years ago."
Black Friday deals at Paul's TV will showcase incredible values on TVs that will bring the family together for movie night, including a Mitsubishi 73" 1080P HDTV for $799 or a 60" Panasonic 1080P Flat Panel for 899.
Paul's TV inside Art Van Furniture will open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Black Friday, November 23, 2012. (Paul's TV at the Great Lakes Crossing location will be open from 9 p.m. to Midnight on Thanksgiving).
About Paul's TV
Paul founded Paul's TV (and appliance at the time) over 46 years ago with a $1000 loan from a relative. Working out of one small store in La Habra, CA, Paul's TV changed forever in 1978 with the introduction of the Big Screen TV. Paul's TV now has locations in Southern California, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Michigan and Virginia.
About Art Van Furniture
Art Van Furniture is Michigan's largest furniture retailer and America's largest independent furniture retailer. The company operates 34 stores in 33 communities throughout Michigan, a full service e-commerce website, plus four freestanding Art Van PureSleep bedding stores in Canton, Troy, Ann Arbor and Rochester Hills, Michigan. Founded in 1959, the company is family-owned and headquartered in Warren, Mich. Check out artvan.com for more information.
SOURCE Art Van Furniture