Peapod.com Named As Top Money-Saving Site To "Tame Grocery Bills" By Consumer Reports
CHICAGO, July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- While weekly trips to the grocery store are a time-honored tradition, tens of millions of consumers across the country are eating up the idea of online shopping at Peapod.com, where hand-picked, hand-delivered groceries are always just a click away. Beyond the convenience factor, studies show that Peapod.com is also a proven cost saver. In Consumer Reports' just-published (Aug/Sept 2012) take on how online grocery shopping can "Tame Your Grocery Bill," Peapod.com tops the list as a money-saving site where shoppers can spend less and get more.
- My Specials: Peapod's 'My Specials' feature saves a list of your past purchases and displays the items you routinely buy that are currently on sale.
- Weekly Specials: Customers can shop the 'Weekly Specials' exclusively in every department.
- Store Brand Savings: Peapod's deep selection of store brands means that you can also achieve deep savings. According to Consumer Reports, "Buying store brands instead of big national brands of groceries can save you up to 60 percent."
- Checkout Counter: The site's shopping cart displays a running total of your order as you shop – so no guessing as to whether you're above or below your budget. You can manage your spending as you go.
- Delivery Discounts: You can also receive delivery discounts simply by choosing a delivery time when Peapod trucks are already scheduled to be in your neighborhood.
"In a time when our schedules are more demanding than ever, and we're looking to stretch resources, Peapod offers more than an online shopping service – it's a fresh lifestyle solution that saves time and money," said Andrew Parkinson, Peapod president and general manager, who founded the company with his brother, Thomas, in 1989. What started as a small, family-run shopping and delivery service in Illinois has now grown to be the country's leading Internet grocer, delivering more than 22 million orders across 24 U.S. markets in partnership with Stop & Shop, Giant Food Stores (Giant-Carlisle) and Giant Food (Giant-Landover).
Grocery shopping on the go? Peapod's most convenient shopping features – and savings – are available to smartphone users via a free mobile app. And in select markets including Chicago and Philadelphia, Peapod has pioneered a shopping program tailored for train commuters, with virtual grocery shelves lining the walls of popular rail stations and train cars. Commuters can get orders started on the platform, manage shopping lists, and schedule home deliveries during their train ride.
For more information or to place an online order, visit www.peapod.com.
Peapod – an Ahold USA company – is the country's leading Internet grocer, serving 24 U.S. markets throughout Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Wisconsin. For more information on Peapod, call 1.800.5.PEAPOD (1.800.573.2763), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.peapod.com.