Peer-to-Peer Lending: Market Insight Report
MUMBAI, India, December 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Bharat Book Bureau presents Peer-to-Peer Lending: Market Insight report. This reviews the peer-to-peer lending sector. We quantify the scale of lending, historical growth rates, default rates and returns offered to savers while reviewing key factors behind these figures, looking at the UK and internationally. (http://www.bharatbook.com/finance-market-research-reports/peer-to-peer-lending-market-insight-report.html)
We also carry out an in-depth analysis of the relevant drivers of peer-to-peer lending growth - including wider trends in banking and lending, other peer-to-peer trends and the regulatory environment. Our view of the outlook for the industry is based on this analysis of historical trends and drivers.
Peer-to-peer lending is an important and high-profile trend in the banking sector. In just a few years, platforms have emerged which have facilitated hundreds of millions of pounds, made mainly by consumers to other consumers and to small businesses.
The industry is frequently mentioned in the press with comments having particular focus on:
- The level of returns which it offers to savers, which are generally far higher than those from conventional banks
- The degree of risk that savers are incurring to obtain these returns and, in particular, the risk that returns may be impaired by future widespread default.
This report explores the background to these and other issues, exploring what has happened in the industry to key metrics such as levels of lending, returns and default rates, and the factors which lie behind trends.
It also examines the different business models of the main platforms, their target segments and performance and sets out our views on how we believe the peer-to-peer lending market could develop in future.
Who is it useful for?
- Peer-to-peer lending platforms
- Investors in those platforms
- Advisors including consulting firms, investment banks, lawyers and accountants
- Banks and other parties operating savings accounts and consumer / small business loans.
- Industry regulators and policymakers
What are the sources and methodology?
This report is based on:
- Interviews with peer-to-peer lending platforms and others with interests in the industry
- Extensive research into published industry sources
- In-depth analysis of the macroeconomic environment and relevant peer-to-peer lending market drivers
- Financial analysis of the accounts of and loans data provided by companies in the industry
Information from these sources has been synthesized and presented clearly and concisely with extensive use of charts and tables to illuminate points and support conclusions
Table of Contents:
Peer-to-Peer Lending Overview
- Description of peer-to-peer lending
- Customer proposition: savers / lenders
- Customer proposition: consumer borrowers
- Customer proposition: small business borrowers
- Business models
- Shift from marketplace to structured savings product model
Market size and growth
- Decreasing bad debt rates
- Lending market conditions
- Use of wholesale funds
- Awareness and marketing efforts of platforms
- Tax treatment
- More new entrants and niche focus
- Drivers of future growth
- Growth forecasts
- Risks: fall in the rates offered to savers
- Risks: widespread default leading to poor returns
- Response and role of conventional banks
- Opportunities for existing platforms and new entrants
Request for sample pages: http://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=433540
For more information on the report: http://www.bharatbook.com/finance-market-research-reports/peer-to-peer-lending-market-insight-report.html
- Peer-to-Peer Lending UK facts and figures 2013
- Consumer Lending in Hong Kong, China
- Syndicated Lending: Practice and Documentation
- Consumer Lending in Italy
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
SOURCE Bharat Book Bureau