ALEXANDRIA, Va., April 6, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- PenFed Credit Union was named Best Credit Union for the first quarter of 2016 by MyBankTracker.com. The accolades continued to flow throughout the quarter from other independent, unbiased finance-themed websites.
- The PenFed Defender Visa Signature® and Defender American Express® Cards were named as the Best Military Credit Cards by MagnifyMoney (magnifymoney.com).
- WisePiggy named PenFed as a Top Lender.
- PenFed's Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card was named as 2016's Best Credit Union Credit Card for Rewards by NerdWallet.
- PenFed's Premium Travel Rewards American Express® Card was named as 2016's Best Credit Union Credit Card for Travel by NerdWallet.
- NerdWallet listed PenFed among Best Credit Unions for Military Personnel and Easiest to Join.
PenFed kicked off the second quarter of this year by taking a top honor for one of its Military Credit Cards. The PenFed Defender Visa Signature® Card was named Best Cash Back Rewards Card for Military Personnel by Huffington Post Business contributor, Curtis Arnold in early April.
About PenFed Credit Union
Established in 1935 as the War Department Credit Union, PenFed Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in the country, serving 1.4 million members worldwide; with $20 billion in assets. Its long-standing mission has been to provide superior financial services in a cost effective manner, while being responsive to members' needs. PenFed Credit Union offers market-leading mortgages, automobile loans, credit cards, checking, and a wide range of other financial services with its members' interests always in mind. PenFed Credit Union serves a diverse population, and no military service is required to join. We offer many paths to membership, including numerous employee groups and association affiliations. It's easy to apply. We invite you to come see why you belong at PenFed Credit Union. PenFed Credit Union is federally insured by the NCUA and is an equal housing lender. To learn more about PenFed Credit Union, visit PenFed.org, like us on Facebook and follow us @PenFed on Twitter. Interested in working for PenFed? Check us out on Linkedin. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/V/D.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/penfed-garners-multiple-honors-during-first-quarter-of-2016-300247298.html