Pennsylvania Alzheimer's Disease Planning Committee to Hold Series of Regional Public Meetings
HARRISBURG, Pa., July 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Secretary of Aging Brian Duke and members of the Pennsylvania Alzheimer's Disease Planning Committee will hold a series of regional meetings to seek public comment around the development of a statewide plan to address Alzheimer's disease.
"This is an unprecedented opportunity for the people of Pennsylvania to help influence how we address Alzheimer's disease and other related disorders, which currently affect 400,000 Pennsylvanians," Duke said. "We welcome and look forward to the public's input."
The Pennsylvania Alzheimer's Disease Planning Committee was established by Executive Order under Governor Tom Corbett on Feb. 7, 2013. While the committee met for the first time in June, the July 15 meeting marks the first meeting where the plan will be presented for public comment. The committee then has until Feb. 7, 2014 to complete and submit a final plan to the governor.
Dates and locations for the public meetings are as follows:
- July 15, Harrisburg - Rachel Carson Building, 2nd Floor Auditorium, 400 Market St., Harrisburg, PA 17101
- Aug. 8, State College - Center for Healthy Aging, 4th Floor, Biobehavioral Health Building, University Park, PA 16802
- Aug. 13, Scranton - Penn State Worthington Gallagher Conference Center 120 Ridge View Drive, Dunmore, PA 18512
- Aug. 15, Philadelphia - University of Pennsylvania, Biomedical Research Building, 421 Curie Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Sept. 16, Clarion - Clarion Hospital, One Hospital Drive, Clarion, PA 16214
- Sept. 17, Pittsburgh - University of Pittsburgh, William Pitt Union Building, 3959 5th Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15260
For more information about meeting dates, agendas and minutes, as well as information on committee members, visit: www.aging.state.pa.us or call 717-425-5115 (or toll-free 800-753-8827).
Written comment on the plan will be accepted through email at email@example.com or via mail to: PA Alzheimer's State Plan, 555 Walnut Street, 5th Floor, Harrisburg, PA, 17101.
Media contact: Christina Reese, 717-783-1550
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Aging