Pennsylvania Banking Department Announces First-Quarter Enforcement Actions
HARRISBURG, Pa., April 7, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Banking's Bureau of Compliance, Investigation and Licensing took 150 enforcement actions during the first quarter of 2011. Within these actions, the department:
- Issued 34 orders against companies engaged in unlicensed mortgage loan activity, resulting in cumulative fines of $502,150.
- Issued 36 orders against companies for other violations, resulting in cumulative fines of $407,050. Six of these orders were against companies engaged in unlicensed loan modifications and eight companies were engaged in other unlicensed mortgage loan activities.
- Suspended 81 mortgage originator licenses.
- Revoked one mortgage broker license.
- Prohibited six individuals from engaging in the mortgage business in Pennsylvania.
A comprehensive list of enforcement actions taken by the Department of Banking against nondepository institutions and individuals is available online at www.banking.state.pa.us.
Consumers can file a complaint against any company regulated by the Department of Banking online or by calling 1-800-PA-BANKS.
Media contact: Ed Novak , 717-783-4721
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Banking
More by this Source
Pennsylvania Governor Corbett Proclaims April as 'Financial Education Month'
Apr 05, 2013, 10:20 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.