The presentation "Creating a Spending Plan" – which outlines the differences between wants and needs; setting "SMART" goals; creating a spending plan; and putting the plan into action –will be presented as an online webinar on March 2 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM. Registration info: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5494480986238119426
The presentation "Avoiding Scams and ID Theft" -- which helps consumers protect themselves from financial scams as well as informs victims of scams on how to get help -- will be offered at the following locations:
- An event sponsored by Senator Tom McGarrigle at Easttown Library at 720 First Avenue in Berwyn (Chester County) on March 14 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
- Congregation Tifereth Israel at 2909 Bristol Road in Bensalem (Bucks County) on March 19 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Department staff will be participating in a Financial Health Forum hosted by Representative Margo L. Davidson at St. Laurence Catholic Church at 8245 West Chester Pike in Upper Darby (Delaware County) on March 23 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
For Senior Citizens
Department staff will be presenting to the Marple Township Senior Citizens Advisory Commission meeting in Broomall (Centre County) on March 15.
The department will be presenting "How Can the DoBS Help You?" – which helps participants understand the businesses the department regulates as well as how its outreach and complaint operations work – to the following groups:
- Westmoreland County Elder Abuse Task Force meeting in Greensburg (Westmoreland County) on March 21
- PHFA Housing Services Forum in Pittsburgh (Allegheny County) on March 30
The presentation "Consumer Fraud Bingo" – an interactive way to help participants understand how to avoid becoming victims of consumer frauds and scams – will be offered at the following locations:
- Lancaster Rec Senior Center in Lancaster (Lancaster County) on March 22 from 9:30 AM to 10:15 AM
- Millersville Senior Center, St. Paul Lutheran Church in Millersville (Lancaster County) on March 22 from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
The presentation "Avoiding Scams and ID Theft" will be offered at:
- Riverview Manor in Sharon (Mercer County) on March 31 from 10:00 AM to 11:00AM.
For Employee/Service Provider Groups
Department staff will also be presenting to employees and service providers in several non-public events, including:
- Financial Reality Fair sponsored by the Pennsylvania Credit Union Association, and in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry's CareerLink initiative, for residents of the Dauphin County Community Corrections Center in Harrisburg (Dauphin County) on March 4
- Early Reach Coordinators from the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) on "Cents and $ensibility: A Guide to Money Management" in Centre County on March 16
- Members of the Luzerne-Columbia Chapter of the Pennsylvania Association of Retired State Employees on "Avoiding Scams and ID Theft" in Wilkes-Barre (Luzerne County) on March 23
The Department of Banking and Securities offers a number of education presentations designed to help consumers of all ages and professionals learn protect and grow their own money and that of clients. The presentation Calendar of Events can be found online: http://bit.ly/1KIscBZ. Consumers and community groups can call 1-800-PA-BANKS or email email@example.com for more information, or learn more online: http://bit.ly/2bjKrTa.
Media contact: Ed Novak, 717-783-4721
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pennsylvania-consumer-financial-protection-initiative-outreach-schedule-for-march-announced-300414212.html
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities