Pennsylvania Corrections Officials Recognize Employee Award Recipients
HARRISBURG, Pa., May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Corrections Secretary John Wetzel today led Department of Corrections' officials in honoring 15 employees for their outstanding performance, heroic actions and employee mentoring.
The agency's annual employee award ceremony was held today at the DOC's Elizabethtown Training Academy.
"Each year, during Corrections Employee Week, we celebrate the commitment and dedication of our employees by presenting these awards," Wetzel said. "The ceremony, which has been held since the early 1980s, reminds corrections employees and the citizens of Pennsylvania that our employees are exceptional individuals who often do more than their jobs require."
Forty-two of the DOC's more than 15,000 employees were nominated for the awards.
Eleven individuals were awarded the DOC's Outstanding Performance Award. They are:
- Leslie Bradley, clerk stenographer 3, SCI Cresson, Cambria County
- Peter Damiter III, superintendent assistant, SCI Frackville, Schuylkill County
- Donna Platt, records specialist 2, SCI Laurel Highlands, Somerset County
- Bryan Boyer, captain, SCI Muncy, Lycoming County
- Troy Edwards, corrections counselor 2, SCI Muncy, Lycoming County
- Dr. Elaine M. Altoe, psychological services specialist, SCI Retreat, Luzerne County
- Gary L. Smith, lieutenant, SCI Somerset, Somerset County
- Melanie Pyle, acting classification program manager, SCI Somerset, Somerset County
- Terri Fazio, corrections school principal, SCI Waymart, Wayne County
- Ebony Frith, corrections counselor/acting center director, Erie CCC, Erie County
- Charles Rishel, architectural supervisor, DOC Bureau of Operations, Cumberland County
Two individuals received the DOC's Medal of Valor for heroic actions they performed. They are: Scott Slippey, lieutenant, Quehanna Boot Camp, Clearfield County; and Michael P. Glenn Sr., lieutenant, SCI Mercer, Mercer County.
SCI Coal Township's (Northumberland County) electronics skills occupational teacher Daniel S. O'ttaviani was presented with the Mentor of the Year Award; and the DOC's Thomas Fulcomer award was presented to Ulrich Klemm, who serves as the DOC's religion, volunteer and recreational services administrator.
For additional information on the individual award recipients, visit the front page of the DOC's website at www.cor.state.pa.us.
Media contact: Susan McNaughton, 717-728-4025
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Corrections
More by this Source
Offender Trauma Study Proves Useful in Corrections Field
Oct 07, 2013, 15:15 ET
Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and OVA Partner on Inmate Apology Bank
Aug 29, 2013, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.