Pennsylvania Department of Aging Recognizes Outstanding Programs and Individuals at BRAVO Awards
HARRISBURG, Pa., April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Department of Aging this week recognized six outstanding programs and individuals for their service to older Pennsylvanians. The BRAVO awards were presented at the third annual APPRISE Recognition Program.
APPRISE is a free health insurance counseling program designed to help older Pennsylvanians with Medicare. APPRISE Counselors voluntarily spend dozens of hours being trained and offering counseling to others on health insurance options.
The BRAVO Awards honor local APPRISE program coordinators for their exceptional work in areas of customer service, program performance, collaboration with community partners and innovation.
Those receiving the BRAVO awards include:
- Trudy Kessler, Perry County: Performance Award for exceeding APPRISE community service goals and successfully collaborating with local programs.
- Bev Via, Lancaster County: Client Service Award for consistently providing consumers with accurate, comprehensive information in a warm, caring and empathetic manner.
- Elizabeth D'Angelo, Chester County: Innovation Award for promoting the APPRISE program through efforts such as radio shows, newspaper ads and the formation of a marketing team.
- Steve Rosatone, Beaver County: Collaboration Award for his exceptional rapport with partner programs and agencies and for hosting more than 120 APPRISE counseling events in his county during 2012.
- Jerri Wilson, Lawrence County: Delta Award for diligence and hard work that resulted in marked performance improvement for their program.
- Dorothy Hartman, Berks County: Secretary's Award, the most prestigious award for an APPRISE coordinator to receive. Hartman earned the award for her overall performance in all five categories.
For more information on the APPRISE program, please visit www.aging.state.pa.us.
Media contact: Christina Reese, 717-783-1550
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Aging