The following taxpayers do not qualify for the Program:
- Taxpayers currently under criminal investigation for an alleged violation of any tax law;
- Taxpayers, who prior to the amnesty period, have been named as a defendant in a criminal complaint alleging a violation of any law imposing a tax administered by the Department;
- Taxpayers who are defendants in a pending criminal action for an alleged violation of any law imposing an eligible tax;
- Taxpayers who currently have a signed voluntary disclosure agreement covering periods eligible for the 2017 Amnesty Program; or
- Taxpayers who participated in the 2010 Pennsylvania Tax Amnesty Program.
Taxpayers under administrative or judicial appeal may participate in the Program, but they must withdraw any appeals relating to amnesty periods. Additionally, taxpayers who participate in the Program forfeit their rights to protest or pursue administrative or judicial proceedings regarding tax amnesty returns or any refunds paid under the Program.
Ryan is an award-winning global tax services firm, with the largest indirect and property tax practices in North America and the seventh largest corporate tax practice in the United States. With global headquarters in Dallas, Texas, the Firm provides a comprehensive range of state, local, federal, and international tax advisory and consulting services on a multi-jurisdictional basis, including audit defense, tax recovery, credits and incentives, tax process improvement and automation, tax appeals, tax compliance, and strategic planning. Ryan is a five-time recipient of the International Service Excellence Award from the Customer Service Institute of America (CSIA) for its commitment to world-class client service. Empowered by the dynamic myRyan work environment, which is widely recognized as the most innovative in the tax services industry, Ryan's multi-disciplinary team of more than 2,100 professionals and associates serves over 12,000 clients in more than 40 countries, including many of the world's most prominent Global 5000 companies. More information about Ryan can be found at ryan.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160125/325377LOGO
TECHNICAL INFORMATION CONTACTS:
Jeremiah T. Lynch
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
ProfNet - http://www.profnetconnect.com/jeremiahlynch
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pennsylvania-department-of-revenue-provides-guidance-on-2017-tax-amnesty-300328892.html