HARRISBURG, Pa., May 23, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Department of State filed disciplinary actions against two charitable organizations, professional solicitors and professional fundraising counsel during the month of April, Secretary of State Pedro A. Cortés announced today.
A monthly list of disciplinary actions imposed by the Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations is available online.
The April sanctions included cease-and-desist orders issued to the following individuals and organizations:
- Anew Community Institute, 46 Grape St., Pittsburgh, PA
- Burn Foundation, 8600 West Chester Pike, Suite 202, Upper Darby, PA
- Fibromuscular Dysplasia Society of America, Inc., 20325 Center Ridge Road, Suite 360, Rocky River, OH
- OneRun Together, Inc., 135 Schoolhouse Lane, Coatesville, PA
- Orphan Foundation of America, 21351 Gentry Drive, Suite 130, Sterling, VA
- Perryopolis Area Heritage Society, P.O. Box 303, Perryopolis, PA
- Pittsburgh Family Development, 708 Talbot Ave., Braddock, PA
- Three Rivers Tibetan Cultural Center, 7313 Florence Ave., Pittsburgh, PA
Secretary Cortés noted that those individuals and organizations may not solicit donations or conduct fundraising activities until they have come into compliance with the Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act.
The Bureau maintains a comprehensive list of charitable organizations, professional solicitors and professional fundraising counsel that have been subject to sanctions or corrective measures. This list contains the most up-to-date information on any specific disciplinary action.
Each entry includes the name of the charitable organization, professional solicitor or professional fundraising counsel, address, sanction imposed, a description of the basis for the disciplinary or corrective measure and the effective date.
Anyone who suspects unethical activity by a charitable organization can file a complaint either online or by calling (717) 787-0700.
The Bureau oversees the registration of more than 12,000 charitable organizations, professional solicitors and professional fundraising counsel. A list of registration exclusions and exemptions for charitable organizations can be found on the Department's website.
Violations of the Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act may result in disciplinary actions including civil penalties and the suspension or revocation of a registration.
MEDIA CONTACT: Wanda Murren, (717) 783-1621
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pennsylvania-department-of-state-announces-disciplinary-actions-against-charitable-organizations-300462628.html
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of State