Pennsylvania residents and licensees have until 11:00 PM Saturday, Dec. 3, to opt in to one or more of the drawings. Participants must be registered customers at www.FineWineAndGoodSpirits.com with billing information on file.
These Kentucky whiskeys, produced by Pappy Van Winkle's grandson using recipes dating back three generations, are among the most sought after in the world. Wine Enthusiast magazine and the World Spirits Championship have rated the 20-year-old bourbon 99 out of 100, and the Old Rip Van Winkle distillery claims the 13-year-old rye is the first premium aged rye whiskey.
For the first time, perhaps anywhere in the world, multi-bottle packages of Pappy Van Winkle bourbons and whiskeys displayed in custom-made wooden boxes will be available.
- Four packages (two for individual consumers, two for licensees) will include each of the six expressions of the 2016 Pappy release: Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 Year, Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 Year, Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15 Year, Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye, Van Winkle Special Reserve, and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year. The price for each six-bottle package is $1,999.99.
- Six packages (three for individual consumers, three for licensees) will consist of four Pappy Van Winkle bottles each, including Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 Year, Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15 Year, Van Winkle Special Reserve, and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year. The price for each four-bottle package is $1,199.99.
- Thirty packages (15 for individual consumers, 15 for licensees) will consist of three bottles each, including Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 Year, Van Winkle Special Reserve, and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year. The price for each three-bottle package is $999.99.
Drawings for the multi-bottle packages will be conducted first, followed by drawings for the individual bottles. Individual bottles to be offered for purchase to lottery winners include the following:
- Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye, $159.99 each – 20 bottles – 15 for individual consumers, 5 for licensees;
- Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 Year, $399.99 each – 56 bottles – 42 for individual consumers, 14 for licensees;
- Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15 Year, $149.99 each – 95 bottles – 72 for individual consumers, 23 for licensees;
- Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 Year, $249.99 each – 176 bottles – 132 for individual consumers, 44 for licensees;
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year, $79.99 each – 356 bottles – 267 for individual consumers, 89 for licensees; and
- Van Winkle Special Reserve, $99.99 each – 760 bottles – 570 for individual consumers, 190 for licensees
Lottery participants may opt into one, several, or all drawings. Purchase is limited to one package or bottle per participant, and if a participant wins a package or bottle in a drawing, he or she will be removed from subsequent drawings.
These lotteries are open to Pennsylvania residents and licensees age 21 or older who provide both a verifiable Pennsylvania billing address and a Fine Wine & Good Spirits store address at registration. Any registrant with a billing address that can't be verified as a Pennsylvania address will be removed from the lottery. Purchase is limited to one bottle per household, per lottery. Entries will be vetted for duplicative names, addresses and other information, and duplicates will be deleted from the lottery pool.
By participating in a Lottery, entrants agree to abide by the terms and conditions posted on the Lottery website, which were recently revised to allow the PLCB to disqualify from current and future lotteries anyone suspected of trying to gain an unfair advantage over other entrants or obtain multiple bottles or packages.
Lottery drawings will be witnessed by an independent third party. Winners will be selected at random by computer program. Participants will be notified by email when the lottery process is complete.
To opt in to one or more of these lotteries, visit the Limited-Release Lottery web page at www.FineWineAndGoodSpirits.com, which can be found under the "Events" tab.
The PLCB regulates the distribution of beverage alcohol in Pennsylvania, operates more than 600 wine and spirits stores statewide, and licenses 20,000 alcohol producers, retailers, and handlers. The PLCB also works to reduce and prevent dangerous and underage drinking through partnerships with schools, community groups, and licensees. Taxes and store profits – totaling $15.1 billion since the agency's inception – are returned to Pennsylvania's General Fund, which finances Pennsylvania's schools, health and human services programs, law enforcement, and public safety initiatives, among other important public services. The PLCB also provides financial support for the Pennsylvania State Police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement, the Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, other state agencies, and local municipalities across the state. For more information about the PLCB, visit www.lcb.pa.gov.
MEDIA CONTACT: Elizabeth Brassell, 717.783.8864
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pennsylvania-liquor-control-board-opens-entry-for-pappy-van-winkle-limited-release-lottery-300368992.html
SOURCE Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board