PennWell Launches New Event on Bringing Biophotonics to Market
TULSA, Okla., Aug. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Strategies in Biophotonics Conference & Expo, a newly developed PennWell event, is scheduled for September 9-11, 2014, in Boston, MA at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel. This event will center on advancing the development and successful commercialization of optics and photonics technologies for the life sciences.
During this two-day conference and exposition, with a pre-conference workshop, attendees will learn about current and emerging technologies and market trends, and how to develop and introduce new products for the marketplace. The conference and expo will bring together participants ranging from component suppliers, system builders, and academic researchers, to clinicians, investors, and government regulators.
Strategies in Biophotonics Conference & Expo will provide the essential outlet for showcasing the development and commercialization of lasers, optics, imaging systems, and other photonics technologies for the biophotonics-related market, which is expected to reach $30 billion within 2 years.* In doing so, it will address the demand for new products that provide advanced capabilities and lower cost, and enable the personalized medicine necessary to meet national and global healthcare challenges.
Barbara Goode, Editor-in-Chief of BioOptics World, and Conard Holton, Editor-in-Chief of Laser Focus World, will serve as Conference Chairs, working with a group of influential thought leaders to shape conference content.
To date, the list of advisors and program committee members includes:
- Robert R. Alfano, PhD, Distinguished Professor of Science and Engineering and Director of Institute for Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Lasers, City College of the City University of New York
- Thomas M. Baer, PhD, Executive Director, Stanford Photonics Research Center; Co-Founder, Arcturus Bioscience, Inc.
- Robert Chimenti, Manager, Marketing & Strategic Partnerships, B&W Tek, Inc.
- John Dexheimer, President, LightWave Advisors, Inc.
- Thomas J. Dudley, Assistant Director, Photonics Center, Boston University
- Ken Kaufmann, PhD, VP of Marketing, Hamamatsu Corp.
- Robert J. Nordstrom, PhD, Program Director, Cancer Imaging Program, National Institutes of Health National Cancer Initiative.
- Aydogan Ozcan, PhD, Associate Professor, head of Bio- and Nano-Photonics Laboratory, UCLA; Founder, Holomic LLC
- Rick Plympton, CEO, Optimax Systems Inc.
Among the roughly 40 exhibitors expected are: B&W Tek, Princeton Instruments, Laser Components, and OFS Optics.
PennWell's Technology Group Senior Vice President, Christine Shaw said, "The launch of Strategies in Biophotonics Conference & Expo demonstrates both our commitment to and investment in the development of photonics technologies and products for health and medicine. We are confident this will be a particularly successful event because of our two strong brands, BioOptics World and Laser Focus World, which serve this community. PennWell also produces frequent research reports on optical coherence tomography and other photonics technologies through our research firm Strategies Unlimited, based in Mountain View, CA."
For more information and to register for Strategies in Biophotonics Conference & Expo, visit http://www.strategiesinbiophotonics.com.
* Biophotonics Market: European Photonics Industry Consortium.
PennWell Corp. is a diversified business-to-business media and information company that provides quality content and integrated marketing solutions for the following industries: electric power, water and wastewater, oil and gas, renewable energy, electronics, semiconductor, contamination control, photonics, fiberoptics, enterprise storage, nanotechnology, fire, emergency services and dental. Founded in 1910, PennWell publishes over 100 print and online magazines and newsletters, conducts 60 conferences and exhibitions on six continents, and has an extensive offering of books, maps, web sites, research and database services. In addition to PennWell's headquarters in Tulsa, Oklahoma the Company has major offices in Nashua, New Hampshire; Houston, Texas; London, England; Mountain View, California; Fairlawn, New Jersey; Moscow, Russia; and Hong Kong, China. In 2010, PennWell celebrated 100 years in business.
Contact: Danette Ward
Sr. Marketing Manager, PennWell
SOURCE PennWell Corp.