ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pentaho Corporation, the leader in big data analytics and data integration, today announced an alliance with Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) to provide a powerful big data analytics solution that makes it easy for business users to unlock value from machine data generated by websites, applications, servers, storage, network, mobile and other devices, including system sensors. The combined solution, Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk® Enterprise, enables business users to utilize Pentaho to rapidly visualize and gain additional insights from Splunk's machine data platform using existing in-house skills.
"Users can download Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk Enterprise from Splunkbase, to be able to combine Splunk machine data with a variety of other traditional Pentaho data sources. The bi-directional integration lets business users access, explore, analyze and visualize machine data to extract real, actionable information," said Eddie White, executive vice president, business development at Pentaho. "Our alliance with Splunk will make it much faster and easier for users to manage and gain insight from this highly valuable source of data, combined with other data for context."
Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk provides users with:
- Enrichment of data across the enterprise – Pentaho connects Splunk Enterprise to RDBMS, Hadoop, NoSQL and enterprise application data, extending analysis of machine generated data to the business user. Joint customers can export machine data from Splunk Enterprise, or import data via Pentaho into Splunk software for additional context.
- "Business Class" visualizations and analytics – The Reporting and visualization capabilities within Splunk Enterprise are extended with Pentaho's self serve/ad-hoc business analytics capabilities that are complementary to the existing Splunk visualizations.
- One unified platform for data integration and business analytics – A platform designed to help integrate a wide range of business and other data sources for analytics in either Splunk software or Pentaho.
"As the leading platform for operational intelligence, Splunk Enterprise is the de facto standard for IT and business to monitor, analyze and visualize machine data. However, BI analyst teams work with other datasets and visualizations, and that is why our alliance with Pentaho is so important," said Eddie Satterly, big data evangelist, Splunk. "We are excited to collaborate with Pentaho to enable business users to gain new insights from exploding volumes of machine-generated data alongside other structured data sources. This integration, made possible by the Splunk SDK for Java, gives BI analysts new business insights from new data sources in a familiar interface to deliver greater value to the enterprise"
- Download Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk Enterprise
- Learn more about the Pentaho and Splunk alliance
- Follow Pentaho on Twitter @Pentaho and read the Pentaho blog at http://blog.pentaho.com/
About Pentaho Pentaho is delivering the future of big data business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Pentaho is the only vendor that provides a full big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from data integration through interactive data visualization, exploration and predictive analytics. Pentaho natively supports Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB as well as high performance analytic databases like Greenplum and Vertica, among other big data sources. Learn more and download for free at pentahobigdata.com/download
About Splunk Inc. Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) provides the engine for machine data™. Splunk® software collects, indexes and harnesses the machine-generated big data coming from the websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices that power business. Splunk software enables organizations to monitor, search, analyze, visualize and act on massive streams of real-time and historical machine data. 5,600 enterprises, universities, government agencies and service providers in over 90 countries use Splunk Enterprise to gain Operational Intelligence that deepens business and customer understanding, improves service and uptime, reduces cost and mitigates cybersecurity risk. Splunk Storm®, a cloud-based subscription service, is used by organizations developing and running applications in the cloud.
To learn more, please visit www.splunk.com/company.
SOURCE Pentaho Corporation