Pentaho First in User Recommendation and Cloud BI among OLAP analysis vendors in BI-Survey 2012 Pentaho achieves excellent results in the world's largest independent survey of BI users
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho Corporation today announced that it ranked first in the BI Survey 2012 among the OLAP Analysis vendors peer group in three categories: user recommendation, proportion of employees index, and cloud BI. With nearly 3000 responses, the BI Survey 2012, conducted by BARC Research is the world's largest independent survey of business intelligence users and the go-to resource for user organizations, consultants and vendors seeking information on product satisfaction and trends in BI software.
In the pinnacle category "recommendation," Pentaho was ranked first not only among OLAP Analysis vendors, but also among SME project vendors, showing that its customers across many different industries are happy with Pentaho Business Analytics and would recommend it to other users.
The excellent results Pentaho showcased in numerous categories make clear why customers love Pentaho:
- Proportion of employees index – this KPI measures how many people use the BI tool. Thanks to Pentaho's complete end-to-end platform and easy-to-use visual interface, it was ranked first in this category, showcasing it is a BI tool people really work with on a daily basis.
- Cloud BI – According to the report, Pentaho was one of the first BI vendors to offer cloud deployments and easily outstrips the competition, ranking top in this category.
- Competitiveness – as a leading OLAP analysis vendor in competitiveness, a KPI that measures how well products perform against other in head-on competitions to win customers, Pentaho beats vendors such as SAP, MicroStrategy and IBM.
- Big Data – Pentaho was the first major BI vendor to introduce its big data capabilities in May 2010. Since then, it has continually rolled out technology updates and offers a variety of native support for big data sources, including Hadoop, NoSQL databases and analytic databases. Pentaho's big data leadership is evident in this report with the company ranked top three among OLAP analysis vendors and SME project vendors.
Quotes and Resources
"We have received a lot of recognition this year from different industry analysts," said Rosanne Saccone, chief marketing officer of Pentaho. "The BI-Survey 2012 is unique because it's our customers who endorse the excellence and value of Pentaho. The fact that they would recommend us to other users is the strongest proof that we are on the right track delivering modern and easy-to-use business analytics for everyone."
"Pentaho has achieved excellent results in several categories in this years BI-Survey," said Melanie Mack, Head of Market Research at BARC. "Its users value Pentaho's commercial open source solution for its cost efficiency and the broad functionality of its end-to-end platform and are ultimately willing to recommend it to other users."
- Learn more about Pentaho's results in the BI Survey 2012 – download the report for free.
- Pentaho is hiring - seeking rock stars in the areas of engineering, support and sales.
- Join the conversation – follow @Pentaho, read our blog, join our LinkedIn and Facebook groups
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of big data business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Pentaho is the only vendor that provides a full big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from data integration through interactive data visualization, exploration and predictive analytics. Pentaho natively supports Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB as well as high performance analytic databases like Greenplum and Vertica, among other big data sources. Learn more and download for free at pentahobigdata.com/download.
SOURCE Pentaho Corporation