Pentaho Instaview Templates Broaden Big Data Access and Analysis
Big Data delivery is simplified for IT to easily customize and create new templates; Data Analysts empowered to choose, prepare and analyze big data sources in three easy steps
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Strata -- Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho Corporation today announced new templates for its Instaview big data discovery application to make it easier for IT to access and analyze big data sources. The templates solve one of the biggest challenges in gaining value from big data—data integration. Beginning today with the release of a Twitter template, Pentaho will roll out templates for MongoDB, Amazon Redshift, Google Analytics and Cloudera Impala on a weekly basis for download from the Pentaho site.
Pentaho Instaview slashes the time it takes for data analysts and scientists to discover, visualize and explore large volumes of diverse data. Using an easy three-step, visual process, the Instaview templates enable users to manipulate metadata without having to delve into the complexities of accessing the underlying data. The Instaview templates provide a visual interface to Pentaho Data Integration and give instant access to the following big data sources:
- Twitter – access large volumes of fast moving, unstructured data in Twitter feeds to spot trends, make correlations between conversations, and better understand customer behavior.
- MongoDB – analyze large amounts of data in this increasingly popular, scalable, high-performance, open source NoSQL database often used in gaming and commerce.
- Amazon Redshift – eliminate extensive hand-coding and IT effort to access this cost-effective data warehouse and analyze large volumes of data.
- Google Analytics – visualize and analyze pervasive web analytics data to spot trends, identify customer website behavior and improve marketing campaign performance.
- Cloudera Impala – reach Hadoop data without writing a complex batch-oriented MapReduce job to run queries and discover insights in near real time.
"A recent big data survey conducted by Pentaho found that two-thirds of respondents managed three or more data sources and almost half were using standard relational databases as well as Hadoop or NoSQL," said Richard Daley , founder and chief strategy officer, Pentaho Corporation. "Pentaho's new Instaview templates reduce the complexity of managing these multiple data sources by offering a simple three-step process for choosing, preparing and analyzing big data, transforming the way companies access and analyze information. "
The new Instaview templates complement Pentaho's 2012 holiday 12 Days of Visualizations campaign, which includes 12 useful visualizations that can be downloaded and plugged into Pentaho Data Integration and Pentaho Business Analytics. These solutions cover the entire big data lifecycle, from data extraction and preparation to data discovery and predictive analytics.
- Learn more about the Instaview template for Twitter
- Learn about the new features and benefits of Pentaho Instaview
- Visit with Pentaho booth at the O'Reilly Strata Conference, Feb. 26-28, 2013 in Santa Clara, CA.
- Hear David Henry, senior vice president of enterprise solutions at Pentaho, and Benjamin Lloyd, senior software development manager at NetApp, co-present "Dotting the I's with Hadoop on Eseries" at 2:20 p.m. on Feb. 28, 2013, at Strata.
- Download Pentaho Business Analytics for big data and get started today with the instant and interactive capabilities.
- Join the conversation – follow @Pentaho, join our LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of big data business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Pentaho is the only vendor that provides a full big data analytics solution that supports the entire big data analytics process, from data integration through interactive data visualization, exploration and predictive analytics. Pentaho natively supports Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB as well as high performance analytic databases like Greenplum and Vertica, among other big data sources. Learn more and download for free at pentahobigdata.com/download.
SOURCE Pentaho Corporation
More by this Source
Pentaho Offers Concierge Services in Response to Growth of Global 2000 Customers
May 21, 2013, 09:00 ET
Pentaho Earns High Ranking from Customers in Business Intelligence Market Study
May 20, 2013, 10:00 ET
Pentaho Named Finalist for the 2013 Red Herring Top 100 North America Award
May 15, 2013, 20:46 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.