Pentaho Steps Up Partnership with Cloudera
Big Data Analytics leader announces tighter integration with Cloudera and new visual design studio for Hadoop Sqoop and Oozie components
ORLANDO, Fla., July 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delivering the future of business analytics, Pentaho Corporation today announced that Pentaho's Business Analytics 4.5 is certified on Cloudera's latest releases, Cloudera Enterprise 4.0 and CDH4. The combined Cloudera and Pentaho solution provides a complete end-to-end data management and analytics platform for big data using Hadoop.
Pentaho is also announcing its visual design studio capabilities are extended to the Sqoop and Oozie components of Hadoop. This will, provide point & click visual development interfaces for high performance data import from relational databases into Hadoop using Sqoop, and for workflow and scheduling of Hadoop jobs using Oozie. This builds on Pentaho's existing visual development studio capabilities for data ingestion, manipulation and integration as well as sophisticated orchestration of tasks across Hadoop and many other data sources and applications.
By optimizing and certifying Pentaho for Cloudera Enterprise 4.0 and CDH4, Pentaho and Cloudera are providing enterprises with a tightly integrated, quality assured environment that significantly accelerates their ability to do data analytics with Hadoop. Working closely together, Cloudera and Pentaho give business customers confidence that the combined solution is of the highest quality and includes world-class support, training, and implementation services for their complete big data analytics solution.
With the certification of Pentaho Business Analytics with Cloudera Enterprise 4.0 and CDH4, Cloudera's enterprise and open source customers get access to the most advanced Hadoop analytics and data integration capabilities on the market today. In particular, Pentaho Business Analytics and Cloudera deliver the following benefits to IT, developers, business analysts and data scientists:
- Complete Hadoop Analytics Platform – visual interfaces for Hadoop data ingestion, data manipulation, data integration, task orchestration, reports, dashboards, visualization, exploration and prediction. Visual development interfaces enable a typically 10-15x boost in productivity.
- Complete Support for Cloudera – certified support for Cloudera Enterprise 4.0 and CDH4, as well as support for earlier versions. This includes integrated visual support for the Sqoop and Oozie components of Hadoop for high performance loading and powerful task management.
- No Special Skills Required – code-free visual tools immediately usable by IT, business analysts and data scientists using existing skills and without requiring deep knowledge of Hadoop.
- Big Data Scale Performance – the only data processing and integration engine that runs across the Hadoop cluster as a native MapReduce task. As much as 17x times faster task execution compared to hand-written code.
- Connects Hadoop to the Rest of the Enterprise – embraces Hadoop as part of a company's data fabric instead of as a stand-alone silo, through easy connection to numerous other popular big data stores, traditional data stores and applications. Easy visual coordination of all big data and traditional tasks.
"The certification of Pentaho Business Analytics with CDH4 and Cloudera Enterprise 4.0 gives joint Cloudera-Pentaho customers access to advanced analytics that leverage the power of Hadoop and offers them added assurance that they are choosing a world class, interoperability-assured big data management and analytics solution," said Tim Stevens, vice president of business and corporate development, Cloudera.
"Pentaho has a long-standing partnership with Cloudera with joint customers in production and many more in the sales pipeline," said Richard Daley, co-founder and chief strategy officer, Pentaho. "Both companies are pioneers in big data and intimately understand what's necessary to make it easier than ever to incorporate big and diverse data. With hard to find, expensive skill sets still a major hurdle when using Hadoop, the latest certification and new visual tools make Cloudera Enterprise and CDH4 easier than ever to use to deliver even faster time to value."
- Pentaho Business Analytics is available directly from Pentaho pentahobigdata.com/download or through authorized resellers and distributors pentaho.com/partners/resellers/.
- Cloudera Enterprise 4.0 and CDH4 are available directly from Cloudera: cloudera.com/download.
- Visit the new Big Data Analytics Center for your one stop shop for all things Pentaho and big data pentahobigdata.com/.
About Pentaho Corporation
Pentaho is delivering the future of business analytics. Pentaho's open source heritage drives our continued innovation in a modern, integrated, embeddable platform built for the future of analytics, including diverse and big data requirements. Powerful business analytics are made easy with Pentaho's cost-effective suite for data access, visualization, integration, analysis and mining. For a free evaluation, download Pentaho Business Analytics at pentahobigdata.com/download.
SOURCE Pentaho Corporation
More by this Source
Pentaho Named a Red Herring Global 100 Winner
Nov 27, 2013, 09:00 ET
Pentaho Community Edition 5.0 Now Available
Nov 20, 2013, 09:00 ET
Pentaho and EMA Reveal Big Data Priorities for 2014
Oct 24, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.