Penton's Aviation Week Announces Finalists for 10th Annual Program Excellence Awards
NEW YORK, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton's Aviation Week today announced the finalists for its 10th annual Program Excellence Awards. The awards initiative, developed by industry program experts and executed by Aviation Week, identifies top-performing aerospace and defense (A&D) programs and shares best practices in program leadership.
"There is no greater challenge for the industry than executing on programs that are highly complex in their technologies, supply chains and the customer/market environment," said Greg Hamilton, Aviation Week President. "Despite these challenges, we continue to see ground-breaking achievements that increase value with improved customer capability and productivity."
Finalists for the 2013 awards, selected by a panel of experts in program leadership and performance from industry, government and academia, include:
- Chris Flynn, F135 Engine Program, Pratt & Whitney
- Richard Heerdt, P-8 Poseidon Program, Boeing
- Steve Keane and Jean Pollari, Pro Fusion Systems, Rockwell Collins
- Timothy Kesecker, Northrop Grumman Unmanned Combat Air System Demonstration Program
- David Lehman, Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory Project, NASA
- Stuart Linsky, AEHF SV1-3 Payload Program, Northrop Grumman
- Brad Mulder, U.S. Air Force Global Hawk Production Program, Northrop Grumman
- Scott Norr, Integrated Space Command and Control, Lockheed Martin
- Trevor Overton, MicroGRAM Design and Development, Rockwell Collins
- Michael Seck and Kevin Pennington, F-15 Radar CLS Program, Boeing
- Fred Swisher, Modernized Day Sensor Assembly, Lockheed Martin
- Joe Williams, Ground Systems and Mission Operations, Honeywell Aerospace
- Rob Zmarzlak, Space Tracking and Surveillance System Demonstration, Northrop Grumman
Awards will be presented to finalists and winners in six categories at an awards gala on November 14 at Aviation Week's annual Aerospace & Defense Programs Conference in Phoenix, AZ. For more information or to register, visit aviationweek.com.
About Aviation Week
Aviation Week is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries. Industry professionals rely on Aviation Week for analysis, marketing and intelligence. Customers include the world's leading manufacturers, suppliers, airlines, militaries, governments and other organizations that serve this global market. Aviation Week produces data and analytics services including the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN), industry-leading events around the world, as well as ShowNews and Business & Commercial Aviation.
For millions of business owners and decision-makers, Penton makes the difference every day. We engage our professional users by providing actionable ideas and insights, data and workflow tools, community and networking, both in person and virtually, all with deep relevance to their specific industries. We then activate this engagement by connecting users with tens of thousands of targeted providers of products and services to help drive business growth. Learn more about our company at www.penton.com
Penton is a privately held company owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
Phone: +1.212 204 4351
SOURCE Aviation Week