NEW YORK, Feb. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton's Aviation Week, the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries, announced today that its work has achieved finalist status for seven Jesse H. Neal Business Journalism Awards, including the Best Media Brand award for overall editorial excellence. Called "the Pulitzer Prize of business media," the prestigious awards are given by American Business Media to recognize editorial excellence in business-to-business publications.
The recognized work includes:
- Best Media Brand / Overall Editorial Excellence: "A Legacy of Scoops and Market Leadership" (Aviation Week)
- Best Use Of Social Media: "Son of Blackbird: A Scoop and a Social Media Surge" (Aviation Week, 11/4/13): Guy Norris, Rupa Haria, Sean Meade, Andrea Hollowell, Lisa Caputo, Bridget Horan, Joseph C. Anselmo, Jim Asker
- Best Subject-Related Package: "Rethinking the Unthinkable" (Aviation Week & Space Technology, 11/11-11/18/13): Bill Sweetman, Michael Bruno, Amy Svitak, Jen DiMascio, Andrea Hollowell, Lisa Caputo, Patricia Parmalee, Ellen Pugatch
- Best Commentary: "Speaking to the Industry" (Aviation Week & Space Technology): Jim Asker, Joseph C. Anselmo, Graham Warwick, Michael Stearns, Lisa Caputo, Andrea Hollowell
- Best News Coverage: "Uncontrolled Airspace" (Aviation Week Intelligence Network): Kerry Lynch, John Croft
- Best Technical Content: "Gulfstream G650 Pilot Report" (Business & Commercial Aviation, April 2013): Fred George, Jessica Salerno, William Garvey, Rupa Haria, Raymond Ringston, Bridget Horan
- Best Range Of Work By A Single Author: Guy Norris (Aviation Week & Space Technology)
In addition to the Neal Awards, Aviation Week's Mike Fabey was named the winner of American Business Media's 2013 Timothy White Award for Editorial Integrity, recognizing his industry-leading investigative coverage of the U.S. Navy's Littoral Combat Ship. The Timothy White Award acknowledges the challenges and pressures that editors face daily, and is presented at the annual Neal Awards ceremony to an editor whose work displays courage, integrity and passion.
"These seven nominations underscore Aviation Week's ongoing commitment to excellence in aerospace journalism, both online and in print," said Aviation Week & Space Technology Editor-in-Chief Joseph C. Anselmo. "We also appreciate that American Business Media is recognizing Mike Fabey's dogged investigation that exposed problems in the Littoral Combat Ship program."
The 60th Annual Neal Awards will be held on March 14, 2014 in New York. To read Aviation Week's nominated coverage, visit www.aviationweek.com.
About Aviation Week
Aviation Week, a division of Penton, is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries. Industry professionals rely on Aviation Week for analysis, marketing and intelligence. Customers include the world's leading manufacturers, suppliers, airlines, business aviation operators, militaries, governments and other organizations that serve this global market. The product portfolio includes Aviation Week & Space Technology, AC-U-KWIK, Aircraft Blue Book, Airportdata.com, Air Charter Guide, Air Transport World, AviationWeek.com, Aviation Week Intelligence Network, Business & Commercial Aviation, ShowNews, SpeedNews, Fleet and MRO forecasts, global maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) tradeshows and aerospace & defense conferences. Learn more at www.aviationweek.com.
Penton is a professional information services company. We engage and inform millions of professionals every day helping them decide and solve business challenges. As a leading provider of workflow and content insights, marketing services and networking via in-person and online events, we help businesses do business. We focus our industry expertise on the vitality of our five core growth markets - agriculture, transportation, natural products/food, infrastructure, and industrial design and manufacturing.
Penton is a growth company with a track-record of strong performance and success and is backed by its co-owners: MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
Learn more - penton.com
Director, Marketing Communications