NEW YORK, Oct. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton's IoT Emerge, a new event that targets the opportunities and challenges posed by IoT devices, platforms and services, presented by the IoT Institute, will feature an experiential Expo Hall featuring Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. IoT Emerge is scheduled for November 2–4, 2016 at McCormick Place in Chicago. Click here to register.
"The mission of our event is to offer real-world IoT solutions. From our conference program and our expo floor to our site tours we will provide deep insights and practical tools from speakers and vendors with real-world experiences," said Braughnwynn "Bibi" Jackson, Event and Marketing Director, IoT Emerge. "IoT Emerge is the must attend event for those that are designing, justifying, managing or securing IoT and looking to achieve success."
Highlights of the IoT Emerge show experience include:
- Attendees will have the opportunity to build a Tiny Circuits' Tiny Arcade and can relive the golden age of video games with an arcade cabinet that fits in the palm of their hand. No soldering or special tools are needed to create the miniature electronic project. It features an OLED screen, comes pre-loaded with three games, and has a microSD card expansion slot to load more games onto. And attendees can create their own games for the Tiny Arcade, too.
- Attendees will have the opportunity to see drone start-up xCraft's XPlusOne, which was featured on ABC's Shark Tank. The drone can hover like a quadcopter and fly like a fixed-wing aircraft.
- Rawfa, in collaboration with Ava Grey Designs, will create a mural incorporating the city's skyscape with characteristics of new and emerging technologies to capture Chicago's history and future plans to become a Smart City. Attendees can help complete the mural and get a copy of the print on a t-shirt.
- The 3D Printer Experience will bring a Sense 3D scanner to create 3D print ready, full color files. Attendees can get themselves scanned for a 3D version of themselves (mailed after the event).
- Attendees can stop by the IoT Emerge bookstore and pick up a book from Tim Chou, Chairman, Alchemist Accelerator; Ayelet Baron, Co-Founder of Creatingis and former Chief Strategy Officer for Cisco Canada; or Inder Sidhu, Senior Vice President of Strategy and Planning for Worldwide Operations, Cisco. Chou and Baron will be available on-site for a book signing.
IoT Emerge, scheduled for November 2–4, 2016 at McCormick Place in Chicago, will offer real-world education and insights, hands-on experience of IoT enabled businesses through conference programs, live demos, case studies, and local tours. Mirroring the focus of the IoT Institute on Smart Cities and the Industrial IoT, the event will provide comprehensive insights and guidance on achieving success with IoT strategies and implementations in these segments. The event will feature strategic and technical sessions, workshops, hands-on training, cross-functional peer-to-peer networking, advice and lessons learned on achieving organizational readiness, leveraging data analytics, and instituting security best practices. Embracing the reality that IoT requires multiple stakeholders and departments working together, the event is targeted at private and public sector leaders; operations, IT, engineering, and facilities management; as well as system integrators and IoT product developers.
Three registration options are available to attend IoT Emerge, The Energy Times' Empowering Customers & Cities, and SmartGig Chicago. Click here for details. To register to attend IWCE's Critical LTE Communications Forum, click here.
Media interested in obtaining media credentials to attend IoT Emerge, contact Bibi Jackson at email@example.com.
To learn about exhibiting & sponsorship opportunities, contact Amanda Buehner at Amanda.Buehner@penton.com.
Stay connected with Penton IoT Institute on Twitter @IoTiPenton, Facebook: IoT Institute and LinkedIn Group: The IoT Institute. To sign up for the IoT Institute weekly IoTi Informer newsletter, visit: www.ioti.com.
About Penton's IoT Institute
Penton's IoT Institute is an online community and live events franchise focused on practical B2B applications in the rapidly growing world of the Internet of Things (IoT). The IoT Institute provides actionable case studies, insights, research, and e-learning on the industrial and cultural phenomenon that's changing the shape of business and cities today. The IoT Institute's mission is to enable cross-industry and cross-job function learning to drive business performance.
Penton is an innovative information services company that empowers nearly 20 million business decision makers in markets that drive more than 12 trillion dollars in purchases each year. Our products inform with rich industry insights and workflow tools; engage through dynamic events, education and networking; and advance business with powerful marketing services programs. Penton is the way smart businesses buy, sell and grow.
Headquartered in New York, Penton is privately owned by MidOcean Partners and Wasserstein & Co., LP. For more information, visit http://www.penton.com or follow us on Twitter @PentonNow.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pentons-iot-emerge-chicago-event-offers-iot-experiential-expo-hall-300343108.html