Penton's WardsAuto Outlook Conference To Explore Future Of Global Vehicle And Powertrain Production
Half-Day Event to Take Place September 10 in Michigan
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Major challenges and opportunities for the global auto industry will be examined at Penton's WardsAuto Outlook Conference, a unique half-day conference, which will be held September 10 in Southfield, MI.
WardsAuto and its data partner AutomotiveCompass will present analysis of global platforms through 2019, a review of supplier opportunities, and editorial insight into current OEM strategies. The conference will gather analysts, marketing, business development and other automotive professionals to discuss where they see the industry heading in platform consolidation, vehicle production and powertrain, and more.
The event, which runs from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Westin Hotel in Southfield, MI, will be moderated by Drew Winter, Editor-in-Chief of the monthly magazine WardsAuto World, and will feature the following agenda:
- The New Flexible: Scalable Platforms - WardsAuto Editorial Director Dave Zoia looks at a new trend in platform consolidation: Cross-segment scalability.
- Global Platform Creep: Where's the Opportunity in a Changing Landscape? - WardsAuto Global Production Analyst Haig Stoddard discusses the long-term global production outlook with emphasis on platform movement, new programs and growth.
- Powering Global Platforms - AutomotiveCompass Global Powertrain Forecast Manager Brian Maxim discusses the role of powertrain applications in global platform consolidation.
- Networking Break - Meet your colleagues from auto makers and suppliers, and chat with analysts and editors from WardsAuto and AutomotiveCompass.
- Global Platforms and the New Supply Chain - AutomotiveCompass President Joe McCabe examines the impact global platform changes will have on suppliers: how NAFTA-based platforms are influencing the global competitive landscape, and the opportunities presented by global platform creep.
- Q & A Panel - Moderated by WardsAuto Director of Information Content John Sousanis, presenters answer questions about vehicle production and powertrain trends around the world.
Limited conference seating is still available. For registration and for more information visit: wardsauto.com/outlookconference.
About Ward's Automotive Group
Ward's Automotive Group is a world-leading provider of auto industry news, data, and analysis, having served the industry's information needs for more than 80 years. WardsAuto World is a monthly magazine serving automotive professionals.
WardsAuto.com is an online subscription service delivering virtually all the industry news, data, and analysis compiled by WardsAuto. Other products include the weekly industry newsletter Ward's Automotive Reports, the monthly magazine WardsAuto World, and a wealth of information services including reference annuals, online databases, and customized data reports. WardsAuto is a Penton business.
For millions of business owners and decision-makers, Penton makes the difference every day. We engage our professional users by providing actionable ideas and insights, data and workflow tools, community and networking, both in person and virtually, all with deep relevance to their specific industries. Then we activate this engagement by connecting users with tens of thousands of targeted providers of products and services to help drive business growth. Learn more about our company at www.penton.com.
Penton is a privately held company owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
Director of Marketing
Phone: (248) 799-2658
Phone: (212) 204-4351
More by this Source
Nutrition Business Journal Predicts Dietary Supplements Face Big Opportunities & Risks
Dec 17, 2013, 09:00 ET
Ward's 10 Best Engines of 2014 Announced
Dec 12, 2013, 08:30 ET
Opportunities for growth abound at Natural Products Expo West
Dec 10, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.