NEW YORK, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton's Waste Industry Group today announced the full agenda for the WasteExpo/Wunderlich Securities Investor Summit, which will take place Monday, May 20, 2013 from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, LA.
WasteExpo, North America's largest solid waste and recycling industry event, is collaborating with Wunderlich Securities, a full-service brokerage firm to produce the Summit. The event will bring together senior management of major solid, industrial and energy waste companies, innovators of new technologies and institutional investors in a unique forum to speak directly to the financial community about the state of the industry and the performance of its leading businesses.
As the first major event on this year's WasteExpo agenda (May 20-23), the Summit reflects the partners' shared commitment to expand the industry dialogue around sustainable materials management, and furthers Penton's specific intent to expand the scope of its 60-plus annual business-to-business events.
"The sustainable materials management industry – where the lifecycle of waste traces a course from raw material extraction to product manufacture, transport, use, source reduction, reuse, recycling and disposal – is not glamorous. But with a market cap of nearly $50 billion, this diversified industry presents an attractive investment profile bolstered by a rich pipeline of innovative technologies and a proven commitment to protect the environment," said Rita Ugianskis, Managing Director, Penton's Waste Industry Group.
Michael E. Hoffman, Managing Director at Wunderlich Securities covers the solid, industrial and energy waste markets, will lead the event. "The Summit raises awareness of the pivotal role the sustainable materials management market plays in the world of business," said Hoffman. "We have an extraordinary lineup of speakers who will offer key industry insights."
Speakers who will share detailed information on the strategies they are pursuing to grow their companies, include:
- Charlie Appleby, CEO, Advanced Disposal
- Ed Johnson, COO, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CWST)
- Ned Coletta, CFO, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CWST)
- Tim Lindsey, Global Director of Sustainable Development, Caterpillar, Inc.
- Jim Rutledge, President and CFO, Clean Harbors, Inc.
- Sanjiv Khattri, CFO, Covanta Holding Corporation (NYSE: CVA)
- Jim Donahue, CEO, Deffenbaugh Industries, Inc.
- Sharon H. Kneiss, President and CEO, Environmental Industry Associations
- Kenneth Cherry, EVP & General Manager, FCC Environmental
- Jonathan D. Hoopes, COO, GreenHunter Energy, Inc. (NYSEAMEX: GRH)
- Mark Johnsrud, CEO, Heckmann Corporation (NYSE: HEK)
- Jay Parkinson, CFO, Heckmann Corporation (NYSE: HEK)
- Dick Heckmann, Executive Chairman, Heckmann Corporation (NYSE: HEK)
- Greg Ray, COO, Heritage-Crystal Clean, Inc. (NASDAQ: HCCI)
- Mark DeVita, CFO, Heritage-Crystal Clean, Inc. (NASDAQ: HCCI)
- Bret Budenbender, Partner, Highstar Capital
- Paul Mitchener, Director, Macquarie Group
- Joe Quarin, CEO, Progressive Waste Solutions, Ltd. (NYSE/TSX:BIN)
- Ian Kidson, CFO, Progressive Waste Solutions, Ltd. (NYSE/TSX:BIN)
- Don Slager, CEO, Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE: RSG)
- Glenn Culpepper, CFO, Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE: RSG)
- Toby Chambers, Director, Roark Capital Group
- Bob Craycraft, President, Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc.
- Curt Knapp, EVP, Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc.
- John Gibson, CEO, Tervita Corporation
- Mark Pytosh, CFO, Tervita Corporation
- Ben Cowert, CEO, Vertex Energy, Inc.
- Troy Thacker, R360 President, Waste Connections, Inc. and R360 Environmental Solutions
- Ron Mittlestadt, CEO, Waste Connections, Inc.
- Worthing Jackman, CFO, Waste Connections, Inc.
- Venn Poole, CEO, Waste Industries
- William Caesar, President, WM Recycle America LLC; Organics Growth Inc. (NYSE: WM)
- Jim Fish, CFO, Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE: WM)
- John Jennings, CEO, WastePro USA
For the full agenda click here or to register go to https://www.compusystems.com/servlet/ar?evt_uid=776&site=INV
Media interested in a Total Access Media pass to the WasteExpo/Wunderlich Securities Investor Summit, contact Liz Bothwell at Liz.Bothwell@penton.com or 203-358-4252.
Follow the "WasteExpo/Wunderlich Securities Investor Summit" on Twitter @WasteExpoInvSum for up-to-date research and schedule information.
About Penton's Waste Industry Group
Penton's Waste Industry Group harnesses the power of its many properties to serve the $85 billion solid waste and recycling industry. The industry widely consumes this content in the form of print, live events, online learning and digital opportunities and more and includes: Waste Age, WasteExpo, The Global Waste Management Symposium, The Healthcare Waste Conference, the Waste360 OnDemand Library, The Waste Training Institute, the Circular File and five other topical and timely e-newsletters. For more information, visit www.waste360.com.
About Wunderlich Securities, Inc.
Established in 1996, Wunderlich Securities Member FINRA, SIPC is a full-service brokerage firm based in Memphis, Tenn. Wunderlich Securities is a full service broker dealer catering to individual and institutional client with wealth management, equity and fixed income capital market services. The firm operates from 26 offices across 15 states and has over 450 associated professionals. For more information about the organization, please visit the Wunderlich website at www.wunderlichsecurities.com or Robin Oegerle, Director of Marketing email@example.com.
For millions of business owners and decision-makers, Penton makes the difference every day. We engage our professional users by providing actionable ideas and insights, data and workflow tools, community and networking, both in person and virtually, all with deep relevance to their specific industries. We then activate this engagement by connecting users with tens of thousands of targeted providers of products and services to help drive business growth. Learn more about our company at www.penton.com.
Penton is a privately held company owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
Director, Corporate Communications
Beyond Words Communications Inc.