Perkins+Will Announces Firmwide Promotions for 2014 San Francisco office of global architecture and design firm recognizes local leadership
SAN FRANCISCO, June 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading global architecture and design firm Perkins+Will recently announced several notable promotions as part of its annual firmwide celebration of leadership. The promotions included one Principal, four Associate Principals, three Senior Associates, and eight Associates in the San Francisco office:
- John Long was promoted to Principal. John is the office's higher education market leader and his work has included campus master planning, programming, feasibility studies and detailed design for new construction and adaptive reuse projects.
- Director of Operations Yashashree Chitale was promoted to Associate Principal. Yash's management style and leadership qualities have resulted in outstanding collaborations with her clients and teams.
- Paul Schuette was promoted to Associate Principal. Paul leads the office's planning and strategies group, which focuses on defining and translating workplace user requirements into design tactics by first understanding the relationships between people and the communities in which they work.
- Geeti Silwal was promoted to Associate Principal. Geeti is a senior urban designer with more than 15 years of experience working with communities to develop visions for better cities, with a strong focus on sustainable planning strategies.
- Gerry Tierney was promoted to Associate Principal. Gerry has 30 years of experience focused primarily on housing and other projects that require expertise in regulatory processes and procedures. He is also a founding member of Mobility and the City, an urban mobility research group.
Additionally, Dennis Dornan, Kelly Eastman, and James Mallery were promoted to Senior Associate, and Suzanne Drake, Drake Hawthorne, Justin Helm, Remi Isaacs, Bret Janak, Kase Macosko, Reinhardt Muir, and Sarah Rege were named Associates of the firm.
The San Francisco office of Perkins+Will has a distinguished history and portfolio of award-winning architecture, interior design, and urban design projects across Northern California. Having designed some of the Bay Area's most transformative projects, it is known for creativity, invention, a collaborative style, and a knowledge-based practice. Its projects build community, enrich education and research, invigorate campuses, waterfronts and urban districts, and return former icons to glory. Notable projects include 140 New Montgomery Street, the San Francisco Ferry Building, the Treasure Island Master Plan, and the Presidio Officers Club. Visit: http://perkinswill.com/offices/san-francisco.
Perkins+Will is an interdisciplinary, research-based architecture and design firm established in 1935 and founded on the belief that design has the power to transform lives and enhance communities. With 24 offices and hundreds of award-winning projects annually, Perkins+Will is ranked as one of the top global design firms. Perkins+Will is recognized as one of the industry's preeminent sustainable design firms due to its innovative research, design tools, and expertise. The firm's 1,600 professionals are thought leaders developing 21st century solutions and inspired spaces in which clients and their communities work, heal, live, and learn. Social responsibility is a fundamental aspect of Perkins+Will's culture and every year the company donates 1% of its design services to pro bono initiatives. For more information, visit www.perkinswill.com.