SAN DIEGO, Dec. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- In preparation for the holiday season, Petco is bringing cheer to families across the U.S. with festive pet products and family-friendly events. According to a recent Petco survey,* 82 percent of respondents noted that they plan on buying presents for their pets this holiday.
For these pet parents, Petco is the one-stop shop for great holiday gifts including collections only found at Petco such as Harajuku Lovers by Gwen Stefani, Dr. Seuss Pet Fans Collection and Star Wars™ Pet Fans Collection™ as well as a broad assortment of holiday inspired Petco products. All items are currently available online at Petco.com/holiday and at stores nationwide.
- Harajuku Lovers by Gwen Stefani: Ranging in price from $5 to $20, the limited-time collection features more than 30 trend-forward products for dogs, such as a colorful Harajuku Lovers Emoji Party Dog Hoodie, a crave worthy Harajuku Lovers Kawaii Donut Plush Squeaky Dog Toy and a chewable Harajuku Lovers Bling Emoji TPR Squeaky Dog Toy.
- Dr. Seuss Pet Fans Collection: This exclusive line of pet accessories and toys for dogs and cats is ideal for the 78 percent of pet parents who said they plan to buy plush or chew toys for their pet this year. Highlights include the ultra-durable Dr. Seuss Grinch Plush Rope Toy for Dogs or the adorable Dr. Seuss Thing 1 & Thing 2 Toys for Cats.
- Star Wars Pet Fans Collection: With Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens coming to theaters in December, pets can awaken the force with Star Wars inspired toys, collars, leashes, pet ID tags, apparel, accessories and more, all of which range in price from $5 to $60, including the Star Wars Join the Dark Side Cat Collar, Star Wars Chewbacca Rope Wrap Dog Toy and the Star Wars BB-8 Wobble & Mylar Cat Toys. Also, for the 87 percent of pet parents who plan on buying special treats for their pets this year, the delicious Star Wars Bulk Dog Treats are the perfect gift.
- Petco Holiday Inspired Products: Petco's collection of pet products inspired by classic holiday characters, themes and traditions are perfect for the 51 percent of respondents who said they plan on dressing their pets up in holiday themed costumes or accessories. Popular holiday products this year include the Petco Holiday Gnome Dog Hoodie and Petco Holiday Santa Coat for Cats. For all those fun holiday parties, you can dress up your four-legged friend in a dapper Holiday Red Plaid Bowtie for cats or a Petco Holiday Sequin Dog Santa Hat. Looking for an ideal stocking stuffer for the pet lover in your life? Petco has you covered with our holiday Gift Cards available in stores and online at Petco.com/GiftCards.
Petco is also helping fans ring in the holidays with in-store events across the nation and fun online activities including:
- Photos with Santa: For the 68 percent who plan on partaking in holiday festivities, Petco's annual "Photos with Santa" event at stores nationwide is the perfect time to capture a festive photo! Families and their pets are invited to dress in their finest attire and take a photo with St. Nick on December 12 at their local Petco store. All of the proceeds will be donated to the Petco Foundation's annual Tree of Hope fundraiser benefitting animals in need across the country. Donations to the fundraiser can also be made at their nearest Petco, Unleashed by Petco, Pooch Hotel or online at www.petco.com/holiday or www.PetcoFoundation.org.
- Instagram Photo Contest: You can spread the joy and enter for a chance to win a $500 Petco gift card! From now until Dec. 20, fans can follow @petco on Instagram and submit photos of their pets showing off their holiday spirit by tagging #JoyLovePetsContest. Three winners will be selected every Monday.
*Source: Petco Pet Passionaries Research Panel (October 2015)
About Petco and the Petco Foundation
Celebrating 50 years of service to pet parents, Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that focuses on nurturing powerful relationships between people and pets. We do this by providing the products, services, advice and experiences that keep pets physically fit, mentally alert, socially engaged and emotionally happy. Everything we do is guided by our vision for Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We operate more than 1,400 Petco locations across the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico, including more than 120 Unleashed by Petco locations, a smaller format neighborhood shop; 10 Pooch Hotel destinations for pet daycare, boarding and spa services; prescription services and pet supplies from the leading veterinary-operated pet product supplier, Drs. Foster & Smith; and petco.com. The Petco Foundation, an independent nonprofit organization, has raised more than $125 million since it was created in 1999 to help promote and improve the welfare of companion animals. In conjunction with the Foundation, we work with and support thousands of local animal welfare groups across the country and, through in-store adoption events, help find homes for more than 400,000 animals every year.