BOISE, Idaho, April 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Pets Best Insurance Services, LLC, (Pets Best) a leading U.S. pet insurance agency based in Boise, knows the importance of a pet-friendly environment in the office, and works closely with HR departments and employers across diverse industries nationwide who want to offer an excellent pet insurance plan as an employee benefit.
"It's no secret that pets have become more part of the family than ever, particularly among millennials," said Chris Middleton, President of Pets Best. "There are several ways any company can quickly and easily improve their pet-friendly perks, helping to attract and retain key pet-loving talent."
In recognition of "National Employee Benefit Day" this April 4th, Pets Best is sharing their top tips on how to responsibly make any office environment more pet-friendly:
- Introduce the Idea Over Time – Slowly adapt employees to the idea of having pets in the office. While some employees will be ecstatic, some may not be as thrilled. By slowly introducing pets with a weekly "bring your pet to work day," employees can get used to the new additions to the office.
- Pet-Proof Your Space – Just like bringing a baby to the office, pet-proofing is just as important. With cords and trashcans throughout a space, resolving these issues prior to having pets in the office will relieve chaos and issues down the road.
- Set Rules and Expectations – Some dogs just aren't set out to be an office dog. Setting both pet and owner behavior rules and expectations, everyone in the office is on the same page of what is expected of them. Whether it be barking or mess clean up, having expectations laid out will hold everyone accountable.
- Hold Pet Interviews – Before employees can bring their dog into the office, hold pet interviews. Some dogs, when in unfamiliar surroundings and with many people may not react appropriately for the work place. Like the trial run, this will give the dog and employees a chance to engage and become more familiar which will be helpful in the long run.
- Stock the Break Room – Not only with treats for Fido, but the essentials. Accidents happen, so making sure you have the appropriate supplies will make them that much less of a headache. By stocking up on cleaning supplies, stain remover, waste bags and treats, everyone will be happy knowing you are ready for whatever accident my come your way.
- Offer Pet Insurance as a Benefit – While some companies are scaling back on wellness benefits for humans, record numbers of dogs and cats are covered for veterinary expenses through employee-benefits plans that include pet insurance. Providing pet insurance to every employee will set the tone and reassure employees that you support and care for them, and their entire family.
For over 10 years, Pets Best has worked to provide customizable pet insurance plans to companies of all sizes. With quick reimbursements available to policy holders and exceptional customer service, including a 24/7 Helpline, Pets Best works endlessly to make sure your wallet and pet are covered. To learn more, visit www.PetsBest.com.
For media inquiries, interview requests or more information about Pets Best, please contact Kerry Sutherland, Kerry@KsutherlandPR.com or by calling (775) 360-6101.
About Pets Best Insurance Services, LLC
Dr. Jack L. Stephens, founder of Pets Best, started pet insurance in the U.S. in 1981 with a mission to end euthanasia when pet owners couldn't afford veterinary treatment. Dr. Stephens went on to present the first U.S. pet insurance policy to famous television dog Lassie. Pets Best provides coverage for dogs and cats. Dr. Stephens' passion for quality pet care and his expert veterinary knowledge guides the Pets Best team. He is always available to answer questions regarding veterinary medicine, pet health and pet insurance. The Pets Best team is a group of pet lovers who strive to deliver quality customer service and value. Visit www.petsbest.com for more information.
Pets Best is a proud member of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association (NAPHIA).
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pets-best-offers-tips-to-employers-on-making-the-workplace-more-pet-friendly-300433978.html
SOURCE Pets Best Insurance Services, LLC