PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla., May 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- "Beyond the Green," a look at how golf and PGA Professionals have nurtured future leaders and transformed lives, will be presented in a series of documentary-style profiles by CBS Sports, Sunday, May 5, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET.
"Beyond the Green," produced by The PGA of America and narrated by CBS Sports commentator Bill Macatee, precedes coverage of the Wells Fargo Championship.
- Houston's United Team – Behind-the-scenes with a PGA Junior League team in Houston, Texas, featuring juniors Kenlie Barrett and Nick Pursell; their coach, PGA/LPGA Professional Aurora Kirchner-McLain and apprentice professional Zach Winkler.
- The Journei Daniels Story – From Flint, Mich., 9-year-old Boys & Girls Club member Journei Daniels is the product of a single-parent home, who found direction in life from from PGA Professional Joe Simpson.
- A New Member of the Family – Lester Bell of Dallas, Texas, rose beyond living in poverty to discover golf, but more importantly a bond with PGA general manager-director of golf Ira McGraw Jr. and his wife, Yesenia.
- Heart of a Lion – Meet John Paul George of Juno Beach, Fla., the son of Champions Tour coach/caddie Derek George and inspiration for the book, "Heart of a Lion." John Paul was born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome – that is one-half of a developed heart.
- A Wave Carried Him Back to Shore – On Dec. 26, 2004, Will Robins of Citrus Heights, Calif., and his bride, Amanda, were swept out to sea by a tsunami generated by the Sumatra earthquake. Now a PGA teaching professional, Robins dedicates his career to those that did not survive the tragedy.
- Golf's Healing Powers – Stricken with leukemia at age 12, Turner Fordham discovered golf as a therapeutic activity and capped her prep career in Georgia as a member of the girls' public Class 4A high school state champion golf team.
- From the Battlefield to the Tee – Marine Lance Cpl. Tim Lang of Ann Arbor, Mich., lost a leg as a result of serving in Iraq in 2006. Today, he is an ambassador for the Salute Military Golf Association, co-founded by PGA Professional Jim Estes of Olney, Md.
- Get Golf Ready Spells Success – PGA Professional Ed Ibarguen, the general manager and director of golf at Duke University Golf Club in Durham, N.C., ignites the passion in students through Get Golf Ready, the industry's nationally branded program to attract new golfers and those who have left the sport.
SOURCE The PGA of America