LONDON, February 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Focus Reports releases its new 61 page Puerto Rico Healthcare and Life Sciences Report 2016 .
It offers companies, investors, policymakers, and stakeholders with an interest in healthcare, pharmaceuticals, or life sciences insights into the fifth largest territory in the world for pharma manufacturing, a territory with significantly improved capabilities in R&D, medical device and diagnostics manufacturing, and more universities per square mile than anywhere else on the planet.
It features interviews with senior executives from the major companies in Puerto Rico and leaders of the country's most important institutions, updated facts and figures on Puerto Rico's healthcare and pharma sectors, and an exclusive in-depth cover story, "Made in Puerto Rico."
The report is an authoritative assessment of the most important sector in a territory likely to continue receiving a great deal of investment in the years and decades ahead, for the following reasons:
Expansion of the Manufacturing Sector - Puerto Rico is striving to take advantage of its reputation for quality, the fact that it is regulated by the FDA, and its status as a US territory with preferential tax rates.
A move to R&D - New world-class research centers mean that Puerto Rico is developing a global reputation for R&D as well as manufacturing.
Medical Devices and Diagnostics - With favorable costs compared to the US and a similar level of technical expertise; large MNCs in this sector are beginning to site their operations in Puerto Rico
Local Talent - Puerto Rico investment in entrepreneurship at all levels, along with its high quality specialist university degrees mean that the territory's life sciences industry will be well-stocked with intelligent, enterprising, bilingual talent for years to come.
The Puerto Rico Healthcare and Life Sciences Report 2016 includes features and articles on:
- Industrial Investment
- Health insurance Policy
- Medical technology
- The Caribbean Region
- Environmental Challenges
- Local Talent
The report also includes interviews with:
- Antonio Medina Comas, PRIDCO
- Ricardo A. Rivera Cardona, PRHIA
- Iván Lugo, INDUNIV
- Ricardo Zayas, BMS
- Juan Sénquiz, JC Automation
- Ana Myriam Irizarry, LifeScan Puerto Rico
- Pedro Tejada, Right Way Environmental Contractors
- John O'Hara, Janssen
- Elizabeth Plaza & Victor Sánchez, Pharma-Bio Serv
- "Puerto Rico is a high quality, high technology and high regulatory market where you can work under the US flag and under US intellectual property protection, while simultaneously receiving the benefits of working in a low tax rate jurisdiction and achieving long-term deferral." - Antonio Medina Comas, PRIDCO
- "ASES is about to launch a program that will measure the quality of services provided at the primary level of the GHP, or the medical groups. This kind of evaluation has never been done before in Puerto Rico and goes above and beyond what the federal government requires." - Ricardo A. Rivera Cardona, PRHIA
- "The tax incentives program for R&D is really good and this is also available for services and manufacturing" - Dante Castillo, Haemonetics
- "Exporting services to other life science hubs will encourage our service sector to grow while creating new markets for Puerto Rico." - Omar Muñiz, President, ShareTech Group.
- "Entrepreneurship is being taught not only at the high school level but also at universities, making students aware that there is an opportunity to start your own company." - Francisco García, Executive Director of the Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association
- "I was struck by the fact that much of the automation and manufacturing electronic systems were designed, built and installed here by our own engineers." - Ana Myriam Irizarry, LifeScan Puerto Rico
- "Even though the pharmaceutical and medical device industry is smaller than it used to be in the 1980s and 1990s, it is making a comeback due to the availability of human assets." - Pedro Tejada, Right Way Environmental Contractors
Michael Comi, firstname.lastname@example.org , +44(0)-1707-828-754